6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaeger

Jaeger

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Prior to rooting my razr I had rented several movies off the market and watched them on my TV. It worked like a charm and video quality on my 40" Samsung was quite good.

I rooted the phone the other week and I now see that i am no longer able to rent and watch movies on my razr. It specifically tells me that since my device is rooted I can't rent movies.

Is there a fix for this? Do I need to lose root?

Also, is YouTube acting up for anyone else? All of a sudden it is force closing like crazy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

It is dmr and copyright fear's. They think that just because you root, you are a roothless media hacker trying to steel their product.
Download OTA Rootkeeper from the market. I don't see why this will not work. Although i haven't tried this myself. Just do a temp unroot. Watch your movie restore root. Its simple and takes all of one click and a sec to do. Let us know if it works for you. :D

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#3 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Download the rootkeeper and just temp unroot to watch your movies then reroot when done

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#4 Jaeger

Jaeger

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:15 AM

What a pain in the rear end! ! That kind of pisses me off.

Oh well, your ota root keeper trick works. Thanks for that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Just to point it out, on the OTA Rootkeeper market page they specifically say this is what it is not intended for. I'm not giving you grief, just saying I think it is funny. Good to know it works, I've been debating renting a few myself and it's good to know this works.

#6 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

It is dmr and copyright fear's. They think that just because you root, you are a roothless media hacker trying to steel their product.

Lol if thats not a prime example of profiling, I don't know what is! I didn't even know what rooting a device meant until very recently, let alone to know how to steal a movie with a cell phone! Thats too funny, everyone is getting just a little too uptight about these copyright issues recently. Well I guess its like the old saying "It only takes one person, to ruin it for everyone." :)

#7 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Lol if thats not a prime example of profiling, I don't know what is! I didn't even know what rooting a device meant until very recently, let alone to know how to steal a movie with a cell phone! Thats too funny, everyone is getting just a little too uptight about these copyright issues recently. Well I guess its like the old saying "It only takes one person, to ruin it for everyone." :)

Gotta appease that Juggernaut waste of time/space known as the MPAA... Truthfully though piracy in the movie industry is huge and I understand them wanting to protect it. On the other hand most people aren't going to care to pirate from a phone but who am I to judge.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users