Photo

(Rom) (Razr Cdma) Aokp Jellybean Alpha - Stock (11/10) & Kexec (10/6)

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#1 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yes finally dhacker29, hashcode, and company has brought us some AOKP JellyBean goods to our RAZR devices. Now keep in mind that this is alpha which means YES there will be bugs and what not. This thread will now cover both the stock and kexec builds so please when mentioning any bugs/issues/etc also remember to say which build you are running.

I highly recommend to be on SafeStrap 2.11 or SafeStrap 3.0.4 Beta before using any of these.

All builds from 10/6 onwards now has the external SD card as the default drive instead of the internal memory.

Follow

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

on Twitter to know what the changes and modifications are.

Stock Builds
These use the stock Motorola kernel. At this point this is the recommended builds to use due to better battery life and stability.

MD5: d318925c7fc7b9de0342c74d2ddf1ddd

Kexec Builds
These will allow custom kernels to be used. At this point I consider Kexec to be more experimental due to the Kexec stuff still being worked on. Camera/camcorder do not work on these builds as of yet and the battery life isn't as good as the stock builds.

Other Downloads

- Recommend using these for now.

• KingKurogiii, downtheory, poisonzheng and 1 other like this

#2 Renac

Renac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Flashed it a little while ago. Seems to be extremely smooth and fast with noticeable improvements over other builds in terms of speed. Data after reboot is coming up pretty quickly for me, guess I got lucky in that regard. Bluetooth will toggle but will only play music through the headset (won't function in a call). No camera yet.

Overall, feels really snappy and is quite a good build.

#3 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Just flashed build. No data as of yet but damn this thing feels smoove.

#4 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

What are the hurdles in getting the camera to work for jb on the razr?

Btw, been running aokp build 1 on my gnex... Loving it... But i like the feel of my og razr better... So this rom will be my first choice once camera and data is stable. ^_^
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#5 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Yeah I had been running this for the past few days and after a reboot I lost data as well. Being able to change that notification drawer backround on the fly was sweet but loss of the Volume button track skip was weird to me. Wonder why that was missing. Or maybe I just couldn't find it haha

#6 boneill1031

boneill1031

Crack Flasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:briotech1
  • Google+:brian oneill
  • LocationWurtsboro, NY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

What are the hurdles in getting the camera to work for jb on the razr?

Btw, been running aokp build 1 on my gnex... Loving it... But i like the feel of my og razr better... So this rom will be my first choice once camera and data is stable. ^_^

Issues with the camera is basically driver related having to build a driver for a os not really or the phone with no source code to work from means alot of time and attention. But thats for another forum i believe

Give me a break, Give me a break, Break me off a piece of the Kit-Kat Droid

#7 Rom Breaker

Rom Breaker

Rom Breaker

• Developer
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:@RomBreaker
  • Google+:rombreaker@gmail.com
  • LocationLansing,MI

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Kanged

#8 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

Kanged

Aokp duh... also he didnt steal anything just posted links and gave credit please dont attempt to start a war like this .. its totally uneeded :D k thanks bye bye :D have a great day...
  • NattyBee and DemoManMLS like this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#9 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

What are the hurdles in getting the camera to work for jb on the razr? Btw, been running aokp build 1 on my gnex... Loving it... But i like the feel of my og razr better... So this rom will be my first choice once camera and data is stable. ^_^

First hurdle is finding time to work on it. Camera is much lower priority currently than system and data stability.
  • clintro likes this

#10 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

First hurdle is finding time to work on it. Camera is much lower priority currently than system and data stability.

Long weekend this weekend.. how about on monday :D
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#11 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

This thing is super smooth and boots very quickly. Seems more stable than kexec CM10. I've had a few UI reboots. Sometimes after a reboot data comes automatically, other times I have to mess with phone info a bit. Lack of camera doesn't bother me, stability of data connection is the main priority I would imagine. Loving this ROM though! It's really got the Jellybean "butter"!
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#12 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hate to brag buy so far amazing. Data keeping smooth and everything works well. Updated new Google now.. Really nice haven't rebooted yet. So kinda worried.

#13 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

The only real thing that is problematic for me off the battery life. The phone isn't really sleeping at all. I'm assuming that is due to Kexec though. I'll just have to keep my charger handy though :) can't go back to ICS now! (I refuse to go backwards lol, only onwards!)

#14 TheBurgh

TheBurgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Super smooth for me right now. First build that I have been able to get 4G data. Kudos to the work and sacrifice by the devs.

#15 nicholasjrice

nicholasjrice

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

IV had the phone reboot a few times loosing data each time.... But I find if I go into phone info and put it in to cdma only and let it connect then switch it to cdma/lte and then go to the mobile network setting and change that to cdma/lte it comes rite up... Great Rom... Love aokp

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#16 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

IV had the phone reboot a few times loosing data each time.... But I find if I go into phone info and put it in to cdma only and let it connect then switch it to cdma/lte and then go to the mobile network setting and change that to cdma/lte it comes rite up... Great Rom... Love aokp

how often are the reboots?
Posted Image

#17 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

how often are the reboots?

For me its happened on all Kexec ROMs, happens only when typing (on multiple keyboard apps), and happens maybe 3 to 5 or so times a day depending on how much I type. As always though YMMV

#18 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

I plugged this in a couple days. Add me to list of people who had data for about 10 seconds and then never again. I'll hang in there til the dev-masters get it going better. This kind of stuff is way out of my league.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#19 nicholasjrice

nicholasjrice

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Anyone ever have the messaging app tell you it's been sending to many messages and makes you allow or deny sending the text? Can this be turned off? I sent a group message and its doing every time since

#20 zstruzi1

zstruzi1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Is flash working for u guys, BC I'm watching video on the bowser without flash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users