227 replies to this topic

#81 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well hell... Then how about this... It works flawlessly for me :)

Maybe we can figure out why...

I use SafeStrap 2.11, and do a clean data wipe before installing the ROM. I also have a Bionic that maxes out at 1.0GHz, unless I manually force an OC with some init.d mods.My Wifi drivers have to be the same as yours... so it must be something with the Rev of my Wifi comm board or something ... I dunno. However... I just tried to use WiFi Tether, and even with the profile settings, blah blah... I get that similar error - WiFi "Started With Errors", and then flat out doesn't work. So go figure.

My FoxFi is still chugging along though... heh.

I'm not going to lie. I am jealous :P

The only thing I can see that is different between us is the safestrap version. I am on 2.0. Could it be as simple as updating safestrap?

Regarding wifi tether, I have to either pic "Generic ICS" and live with it rebooting the phone when I turn tether off. Or I can pick another profile, however, no matter how I try to secure the wifi tether network, it doesn't require any type of authentication resulting in a free-for-all internet access to my phone.

Seems every solution has some sort of downfall. I think I am going to try to update safestrap, and try foxfi before doing a TiBa restore. I'll see if that helps me any and report back in an hour or so. I need to backup a buncha stuff first.

#82 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@nhugh486
  • Google+:nhugh406@gmail.com

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Oh, almost forgot, whenever I hit any button on the dialer I get three vibrations...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#83 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Oh, almost forgot, whenever I hit any button on the dialer I get three vibrations...

Sounds like a personal problem! Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

#84 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Regarding WIFI TETHER. Here are settings that have successfully working for me:

-MOTOROLA DROID RAZR (CDMA/GSM) profile
-ROUTING FIX

Foxfi does not work for me either. The settings above will create an ad-hoc network that some devices may not be able to connect to. I will work on a fix as fast as i can for the tethering issues. Sorry!
  • grizzy likes this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#85 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Sounds like a personal problem! Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Ha! But seriously... literally get 3 PHONE vibrations when any button is hit on the dialer.

And every once in awhile I get an acore force close..

#86 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Jp1044, we aren't blaming you nor should you be sorry for anything. We appreciate all you have done! Before I go messing with reflashing again... would a safestrap update make any difference in whether wifi tether would work with foxfi? Are you on 2.11 jp?
  • idivorceyou likes this

#87 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Strangely enough, I get the same system/app inability to delete anything on speed lite 2.0 too

#88 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Ha! But seriously... literally get 3 PHONE vibrations when any button is hit on the dialer.

And every once in awhile I get an acore force close..

I just realized... we may have to start a support class, I have the same problems :D

But really, this rom is actively being developed. There are quirks that are getting worked out. jp is on it!

#89 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Strangely enough, I get the same system/app inability to delete anything on speed lite 2.0 too

Have you made sure that you are in R/W mode?

#90 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ok everyone I have a question for you.

Please Post what safestrap version you used to flash AND if you having Wifi Tether or Root issues of any kind.

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#91 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Safestrap Version = 2.0
Wifi Tether Issue = Yes
Root Issues = NO
Gapps Occasionally Stop Working issue = Yes

I'm also having the same issue as nhugh406 with the tripple vibration on the dialer when the following is checked:
system settings --> sound --> vibrate on touch

Another note on wifi tether, for some reason, since the 1.0.1 update, wifi tether remains on and connected (on the Droid Razr setting), however, once the phone screen turns off, data to the tethered devices stops working... even with the wake lock setting in wifi tether.

Mind you, the wifi reboot thing (generic ICS) is not unique to the bionic (or so I have read).

#92 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Have you made sure that you are in R/W mode?

Yes, several times

#93 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Flashed with 2.11, get "delete failed- xxxx.apk" and three vibes with "vibrate on touch" enabled.

Attempted to replace the phone and related contact(s) apks with those found in speedlite and cm9 base. No dice...

#94 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

And my intention is not to beotch, bit to strictly bring my experience to the dev. That's all.

• argue4u likes this

#95 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

@nhugh406

I can't say if this will work or not, but have you tried command line removal of apps through adb? I haven't done this in over a year, haven't had to, but I am pretty sure it can be done. This is the first Motorola phone I have had, my priors were all HTC. I have no idea if safestrap has any effect on the ability to command line remove apps, but maybe its worth a google.

#96 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Flashed with 2.11, get "delete failed- xxxx.apk" and three vibes with "vibrate on touch" enabled.

Attempted to replace the phone and related contact(s) apks with those found in speedlite and cm9 base. No dice...

Just a thought... you may not be able to replace either if they are currently in use... I have no idea if this would work, but maybe adding the two apps you want first, then deleting the ones in use would work. Perhaps you need to force stop the contacts and phone apks in order to fully remove them.

#97 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just a thought... you may not be able to replace either if they are currently in use... I have no idea if this would work, but maybe adding the two apps you want first, then deleting the ones in use would work. Perhaps you need to force stop the contacts and phone apks in order to fully remove them.

The apps I'm dropping in are replacing ones that already exist within the system. I have attempted to force stop these apps, however, still no result. My workaround has been to decompile the zip, replace what I'm looking to replace (with the addition of some tweaks) and then recompile the zip again.

Kind of a convoluted way of doing things, but hey, that's what I got.
And fyi, it does take care of the vibe issue.

#98 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

As long as you found a solution :) You mean you decompile the rom zip, replace the files you want, and then zip it back up and flash? Pretty creative :D

#99 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

double post, sorry.

#100 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Ok everyone I have a question for you.

Please Post what safestrap version you used to flash AND if you having Wifi Tether or Root issues of any kind.

I'm using Safestrap 2.11 on the .242 leak.

WiFi tether works under the Generic ICS setting for a while then stops even though the tether is on. Also get the reboot when i turn tether off like most others.

No Root Issues

I also get random Forcecloses, specifically Google Play and Gmail. I did restore apps using Rom Toolbox so I don't know if that contributed to the FC's.

These are all minor issues for me if you can even call them issues. Overall a very solid Rom JP. Hope the feedback helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users