#1 Zog

Zog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:Zog_

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm using RSDLite 5.7 with the newest moto drivers, all the FXZ files 886-905 I've tried don't seem to solve the issue. The flashing goes fine with no errors, but I believe it isn't flashing the LTE portion of the Radio.img file. Below is a screen shot indicating my problem, you'll see there is no LTE in my baseband. After booting, it can't find any service and will just sit there till I toggle airplane mode, which only gives me 3G.

After hours of scouring google and bionic support sections the best help I found was here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is a guide for nexus users describing how to manually flash the radio.img file the OP had made, in an attempt to solve my very same issue. People with believed fried radios actually had success using this method, and I think this could solve my problem.

I can't find a working link to a radio.zip file anywhere, can anyone help me in manually flashing a radio?

Posted Image

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Not familiar with Bionic versions so you'll have to fill in some gaps yourself. FXZ to a version prior to an update that included a radio upgrade then take the OTA update/flash update from stock recovery.

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

I don't know how proficient you are with a command line but if you plug your phone into a computer that has ADB/fastboot installed on it you can take the radio image from your FXZ zip and manually flash it

Fastboot flash radio radio.img would be the command. I couldn't help you do this in a forum post as there's too much detail. But that's what I would try? Maybe you could look into how to acquire and use ADB and fastboot.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

you could try and flash an ICS leak (i suggest 6.7.232 as you can fxz back to .905 still). The ics leaks will have new radios when they install (watch the install you will see LTE installing). get them here

#5 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

you could try and flash an ICS leak (i suggest 6.7.232 as you can fxz back to .905 still). The ics leaks will have new radios when they install (watch the install you will see LTE installing). get them here

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I think this is a good idea as well, the stock recovery install of 232 definitely updates the radio.... and is motos creation. Good place to start.

#6 Zog

Zog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I tried 893 and the OTA upgrade, no luck. Currently running 232 and still have the problem. I only see CDMA_N_05.13.01R under baseband now, it's like the CDMA updates fine but LTE never gets pushed to the phone. I'll try rolling back and manually installing the radio via adb tomorrow. I'm leaning towards actual hardware failure now. No 4G greatly reduces the resale value of this phone, basically a paper weight at this point :(

It is so nice to see ICS on this bionic :D ! Been a long time since I've used it, left for a razr maxx.

#7 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

it is under warranty still. You have at least 4 more days. flash back to .905 and bring it in to verizon because something is wrong.

#8 Kirbnite

Kirbnite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

Have you tried this?

I search for it in market and it its for my RAZR, but if you search using a bionic, may link to a different app for you.

"restore connectivity settings" made by Motorola mobility.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#9 Zog

Zog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've just found another article with a same or similar issue here

This bionic user claims after the 901 install, his phone fails to show LTE in the baseband when it is booted in a low 4g signal. His phone will lock onto only 3G from there on out unless he reboots in a strong 4G area. He initially solved this problem by using the 902 fxz and walking outside on its first boot. All my attempts to bring Frankenstein back to life have been in my apartment, where I regularly post some of the worst 4G speedtests known to man :(

Does anyone know if the LTE portion of the baseband will show up regardless of connecting to a 4G tower first?

---

Will get back to ya'll when I try this.. The bionic doesn't have a mini sim card like the razr, and I can't freely swap cards to test this. I have to keep going to the verizon store and waiting 10-15 mins to flop service over :angry:

The odd part about all of this is 4G used to work fine on it when I first lived here, I think the 4G radio is just shot and it cannot be communicated with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users