Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#62 marculous

marculous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

rom is awesome, wasnt crazy about soft keys so i went to arctic.changed boot animation and sound, now switching back to razr hd as soon as soft keys are done. thanks for all the hard work, roms are fantastic.

#63 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Received a notification this morning that 1.0.1 was available through the OTAUpdater, but it won't download on 4G or WiFi.

Edit: I had to re-try it a few times but it did download. Patience is not one of my virtues!

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#64 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Received OTA update notofication this AM also, downloaded fine on WiFi installed without issue and running great!

#65 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Were the safe keys removed on the update?

#66 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Awesome job on the rom guys! Absolutely love the tweaks and soft keys. But, I do miss my smart actions. I used them constantly. Is there a way to get them back? Flashable zip?
Thanks in advance!

#67 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Awesome job on the rom guys! Absolutely love the tweaks and soft keys. But, I do miss my smart actions. I used them constantly. Is there a way to get them back? Flashable zip?
Thanks in advance!

SmartActions are available in the Play Store.
Posted Image

#68 sithmasteryoda

sithmasteryoda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:harper1817

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Great rom!!! Cant say anything bad about it. Even the new keys are growing on me. I do have one issue. Ive downloaded both versions of HD. Upon clearing data, wiping both cache and dalvik..the screen will occasionally begin to jitter..kinda like michael j. Fox not on meds. Usually occurs while using flipboard or some games. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time and hard work. :)

#69 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Awesome job.....smooth and fast I have one small issue my menu key is non functioning..... is this a result of soft keys i am not a fan of having to do 3 extra steps to change wallpapers or settings...is there something i am missing...and no 4g on boot

Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#70 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

SmartActions are available in the Play Store.

Thanks Mr Orange, but from what I've heard it doesn't work quite like the actual Smart Actions. Some small things missing. I'll try and see and post what I find.
Thanks!

#71 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Mr Orange, but from what I've heard it doesn't work quite like the actual Smart Actions. Some small things missing. I'll try and see and post what I find.
Thanks!

AFAIK, the SmartActions in the Play Store are exactly what is preloaded in a stock ROM. The ones I'm talking about are from Motorola Mobility, so there should be no difference. Let me know what you find out, I'm curious now.
Posted Image

#72 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

AFAIK, the SmartActions in the Play Store are exactly what is preloaded in a stock ROM. The ones I'm talking about are from Motorola Mobility, so there should be no difference. Let me know what you find out, I'm curious now.

I can confirm the Smart Actions from the play store is definitely NOT the same as what is pre loaded stock(unless they just now updated it?).
I use Smart actions to turn off mobile data radio when on wifi for battery savings. I was on a Rom a week or so ago that did not have the app included. The version from the play store just had to be missing this one feature !
Anyway, a TiBu restore of the Stock Smart actions was also Unsuccessful for whatever reason. Got stuck trying several times.

• erikaltman likes this

#73 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

OK, sorry about that. I thought they were identical. I learn something new everyday. LOL.
  • erikaltman likes this
Posted Image

#74 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Introducing the next generation of Droid... Droid HD!

What exactly is Droid HD? What makes it "HD" ?
Droid HD is a idea Matt had about 3 weeks ago. I went into the chatroom one night and He was talking about this idea of making a rom similar to the new rumored* Razr HD with softkeys and all of the goodies that come with it. Well That night we began work on the Droid HD rom, There is nothing really "HD" about it other then that it carries many of the characteristics that the new moto phones have. This rom has the HD launcher incorporated in the new phones which includes the awesome circle widget(clock, weather, battery). It also has notification toggles, DSPmanager, cpucontrol, OTAupdater. These 3 apps are built into the settings for ease of access and so that it does not clutter up your app drawer. We have spent many hours into this rom and have thoroughly tested it. It has better battery life and fluidness that we think everyone will be able to appreciate and enjoy, even the OG Razrs :P.

Prerequisites:
Be rooted on DROID RAZR or DROID RAZR MAXX (Verizon Only for now).
Be on Ice Cream Sandwich (6.16.211, 6.16.214, or 6.16.215).
Have Safestrap 2.0 or higher installed.

How to flash:
1) Boot into Safestrap.
2) Switch over to the Safe-Enabled side.
3) Wipe Data.
4) Wipe Cache.
5) Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
6) Mounts and storage -> Format system
7) Install the zip downloaded from the link below.
8) After first boot (which can sometimes take upwards of 10 minutes), reboot your device for best results.
9) Enjoy!

How to update:
We have introduce the OTA Update Center in this Rom, and it has special instructions for us since we are on a locked bootloader device with an... interesting custom recovery (Safestrap).
1) Download via the OTA Update Center app (which you can find in Settings).
2) Do NOT hit Install if asked!
3) Reboot to Safestrap.
4) Install the zip downloaded by OTA Update Center (/sdcard/OTAUpdater/downloaded)
5) After first boot (which can sometimes take upwards of 10 minutes), reboot your device for best results.
6) Enjoy!

Download:
-----

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

------

Credits:
Matt for the idea and bringing me into this project.
Gary Hicks for his assistance in the beginning.
The many testers we had, Thank you for helping us make this 99% bug free!
Nitro for original toggles and inspiration for the conversion.

Ok, if I missed it somewhere I apologize, but does Motocast NOT work with this rom? Can't see any of my computers.

#75 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Ill get a smartactions zip and I will get a non-softkeys rom out in time(not alot though lol) Also to those of you having problems, restart the phone on the first install!!! I can not make this more clear, it is needed to get many apps working and to get all data on boot. If there are data issues Ill get on that, so anyone that uses data today on the rom post your results here so that I can see if it needs to be fixed

#76 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Motocast is not on this rom either as not many people use it and its a battery hog. If you would like it it will need to be added from my .215 deodexed rom

#77 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ill get a smartactions zip and I will get a non-softkeys rom out in time(not alot though lol) Also to those of you having problems, restart the phone on the first install!!! I can not make this more clear, it is needed to get many apps working and to get all data on boot. If there are data issues Ill get on that, so anyone that uses data today on the rom post your results here so that I can see if it needs to be fixed

You Rock! I actually really do like the soft keys. Just smart actions and now Motocast I'll be waiting for. Thanks again for all the work, this rom really is awesome.
Thanks!

#78 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Motocast is not on this rom either as not many people use it and its a battery hog. If you would like it it will need to be added from my .215 deodexed rom

I guess I wasn't really paying much attention to the battery usage from Motocast. I do use it, but I know there are other options. IF and When you can, is there a way to flash it? Otherwise what would be my other options? Whatever info would be appreciated.
Thanks

#79 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ill make a flashable for smartactions and motocast
  • wabmorgan likes this

#80 erikaltman

erikaltman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ill make a flashable for smartactions and motocast

Sweet!! Thanks Kebob! Never really done much posting on these things. I appreciate all you guys do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users