2 replies to this topic

#1 toprunner2786

toprunner2786

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

This is probably not possible at this time, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to getting the Razr to connect to an adhoc network. I found this thread here, but it looks like it is for a nexus s. I haven't yet tried it on my Razr to see if it works, but I thought I would see if anyone else has tried or succeeded.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I know that I can install Connectify on my Win7 machine and connect that way, but I am on a corporate computer and am not allowed to install "unapproved software". So I was hoping to be able to just add an ad-hoc network through native windows and connect to that from my razr. Any help is much appreciated. Hopefully we won't have to wait for official JB for this feature. Thanks!

#2 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

What are you wanting to use your Razr for once you're connected? For tethering to use it as a source for internet or to be able to exchange files with it wirelessly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 toprunner2786

toprunner2786

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

What are you wanting to use your Razr for once you're connected? For tethering to use it as a source for internet or to be able to exchange files with it wirelessly?

I would like to share the internet from my PC to my phone. I work in an office in a remote location where there is little to no 3g connection. I could always go out and buy a wireless router, but I thought it "should" be easy to share the wireled LAN connection to the WLAN card in Ad-hoc mode. Apparently Android does not nativly support this....but it should be coming soon. It looks like some people have found a workaround for the Nexus S. I just wasnt sure if anyone had tried to get this to work on the razr. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users