• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#61 DriveEuro

DriveEuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yeah you need to flash the Modules and init.d installer, this rom will automatically use hotplugx and sio, its in the instructions.

Right, I get that... but I was getting kinda crappy battery life with that governor and scheduler. Hotplug + noop gives me very good battery life and everything is still very responsive.

#62 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

anyone else having issues with CAMERA? im getting a "Camera is not Responding" would you like to close it?

#63 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Right, I get that... but I was getting kinda crappy battery life with that governor and scheduler. Hotplug + noop gives me very good battery life and everything is still very responsive.

What kinda life were you seeing? I went almost 3 and a half hours with a little over 1 hour of screen on time and was at 91% battery. With a maxx just to clarify
  • pdgillmore likes this

#64 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

That is very strange, everyone has been reporting excellent battery life as is.

anyone else having issues with CAMERA? im getting a "Camera is not Responding" would you like to close it?

Are you using a 3rd party app or the built in camera? I take like 10-20 pics a day, (have kids) and I haven't had an issue.

#65 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

What really doesn't make sense is the fact that hotplugx is an optimized hotplug, and the cpu sleeper app only does what hotplug already does, turn off one cpu when the screen is off, it is actually just redundancy.

#66 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

idk, whats happend but i replaced the camera.apk from the "Fullthrottle STA" and rebooted.. fixed it.

#67 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

idk, whats happend but i replaced the camera.apk from the "Fullthrottle STA" and rebooted.. fixed it.

Good to know, thanks for giving me the heads up. We were going to add STA to this but they didn't play nicely together.

#68 thevillageidiot

thevillageidiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Anyone having issues with using the stock.browser? Loads fine but after typing 3-4 letters into the address bar it just disappears.

#69 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Assuming you haven't changed any of the settings, go to settings/labs, enable quick and extended controls, go back to web page, touch side of screen and a menu will appear hit the globe and you should be able to type any website address you want.
  • thevillageidiot likes this

#70 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anyone having issues with using the stock.browser? Loads fine but after typing 3-4 letters into the address bar it just disappears.

Use chrome its much faster :)

#71 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

i reflashed the rom again, and this time i noticed when the camera stop working.. was after i installed "Swype Beta" then i replaced Fullthrottle STA camera.apk and it loaded up again.

i've reflashed this rom, and tested swype beta.. i don't think it effected the camera... i think i flash the wrong gapps or inverted apps... sorry for the confussion.

#72 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

i reflashed the rom again, and this time i noticed when the camera stop working.. was after i installed "Swype Beta" then i replaced Fullthrottle STA camera.apk and it loaded up again.

Interesting that swipe could break camera. Try something for us. Remove swipe then reinstall see if it breaks camera again

vtc.png

#73 thevillageidiot

thevillageidiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Assuming you haven't changed any of the settings, go to settings/labs, enable quick and extended controls, go back to web page, touch side of screen and a menu will appear hit the globe and you should be able to type any website address you want.

That works good as a work around. Thank you.

Any ideas how to fix this issue a.little more perminant?
Use chrome its much faster :)

The stock browser seems much faster for me. Chrome doesn't seem to load the page completely quite as fast as stock. But that's what I have been using on.this from so far.

#74 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Swype has been putting out some buggy builds lately.

#75 thevillageidiot

thevillageidiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Pulled apk and reinstalled. Works perfectly now...Idk what happened

#76 DriveEuro

DriveEuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

What kinda life were you seeing? I went almost 3 and a half hours with a little over 1 hour of screen on time and was at 91% battery. With a maxx just to clarify

3h screen on time with 30% battery left. On 4g all the time. I'm on a maxx

I'll switch back to hotplugx tomorrow and see how it works. I was seeing really fast drain with your defaults. Don't have numbers to back it up though.

Attached Files

#77 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

73% left and here's my results so far

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#78 DriveEuro

DriveEuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Right but you're on wifi. Im sitting on 4g. My router is spotty in some areas of my house.

I just realized that Lotus Traveler (my work email client) was preventing my phone from going to sleep all day. I'll have to test tomorrow and see my results.

#79 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Right but you're on wifi. Im sitting on 4g. My router is spotty in some areas of my house.

I just realized that Lotus Traveler (my work email client) was preventing my phone from going to sleep all day. I'll have to test tomorrow and see my results.

Ya deep sleep is important lol. And my 4g radio is still on. And with Wi-Fi on my phone only sleeps half the time the other half is at 300mhz so I would expect about the same drainage for me

#80 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Was about to say I haven't been as impressed with my maxxs battery as all the hype, and I realized I had 6 hours of screen on time, with 16 hours of wifi and 4g. And some games. Guess I used my phone a little more than I realized lately haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users