Does The Droid Razr Have A Bad Signal Antenna?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not to continue the arguement but the reason 3g was brought up is because you compared iPhone (3g) device to raze (3* and 4g device) so anyway the way they grab signal is very different... however most likely its the rom or the area you are in. You can also try changing what kind of signal you prefer like at my mothers if I'm on Lte I have crap signal all over.... but if I switch to cdma only I'm in the green to at least make calls and small data consuming processes.

Forgive spelling and crammed hard to type on a bumpy road... Kelly is driving out of the park should hit a normal road soon

See this what Im saying

First of all the poster said "I've noticed my razr has a bad 3G signal compared to 4G and my step brothers Gnex 3G." which was relating to the droid razr not a iphone, how this relates to what i asked? Who knows?

And 2nd your not reading either, i said i dint even get any signal, including making phone calls. phone calls have nothing to do with lte or switching from 4g to 3g . They are independent

#22 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

My advice: get what you can from your op and don't feed into the drama. It will derail your op.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#23 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Back on GB I always had a real good signal, now that ICS has been out my signal has decreased and I find my maxx drops down to 1x and no signal allot when it never did that while on GB. Unless the change in radio`s from GB to ICS did it, I don`t have a clue.
  • eek88dj likes this
Posted Image

#24 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

really guys gals, the point i was asking was does iphones or other devices have better radios then the droid i was thought they were equal or is it my phone..Plain and simple!

#25 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

really guys gals, the point i was asking was does iphones or other devices have better radios then the droid i was thought they were equal or is it my phone..Plain and simple!

In my experience the Razr has a great signal. Keep an open mind, it might be simply your Razr can't grab a signal in your office, and iPhones can. Still not a reason to go iPhone ;). I've had my Razr places with no signal and my friends have a fine signal, and vice versa.

Relevant enough?

#26 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

In my experience the Razr has a great signal. Keep an open mind, it might be simply your Razr can't grab a signal in your office, and iPhones can. Still not a reason to go iPhone ;). I've had my Razr places with no signal and my friends have a fine signal, and vice versa.

Relevant enough?

Did they have verizon? I just cant understand how one Verizon phone will have better signal then the other when your both on the same network.

AND i just remembered, a secretory has a droid razr and she said she get good signal through out the building

#27 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

• My wife`s iPhone 4 on Verizon keeps a steady signal with my Razr, no matter where we are, if that helps. Never noticed a difference in each one, as when one drops a signal the other usually does also. Also, the iPhone 4 used to be mine, and I havn`t noticed any change in signal at all the same locations.

Posted Image

#28 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Did they have verizon? I just cant understand how one Verizon phone will have better signal then the other when your both on the same network.

AND i just remembered, a secretory has a droid razr and she said she get good signal through out the building

Yeah we all use Verizon. Technology is weird like that..

#29 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Not at all hardware is equal. Some radios are better than others. I hear alot of complaints from gnex users

#30 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

I agree My GNex was horrible compared to my iPhone4 and MAXX. All on VZW.
Posted Image

#31 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I'll also state that apple uses top notch hardware from experience

#32 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'll also state that apple uses top notch hardware from experience

Is that why they had the antenna problem some time ago and drop calls..lol

#33 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

LOL, Yea, my wife`s iPhone still has that issue. If you grip it close to the bottom left, the signal will drop all the way to searching for service.
Posted Image

#34 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

I would lean towards it being your particular handset. Check with Verizon for a warranty replacement perhaps.. Although they will tell you they don't guarantee cellular coverage inside buildings....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
maxx

#35 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

See this what Im saying

First of all the poster said "I've noticed my razr has a bad 3G signal compared to 4G and my step brothers Gnex 3G." which was relating to the droid razr not a iphone, how this relates to what i asked? Who knows?

And 2nd your not reading either, i said i dint even get any signal, including making phone calls. phone calls have nothing to do with lte or switching from 4g to 3g . They are independent

1 yes i did read your op and every post after words..
2 i am saying by changing the way your phone acquires signal you might have better luck
3 im refering to different technology.. because of patents and all that stupid bs you keep hearing about iphone will always grab signals in a different manner than any windows phone android phone blackberry and so on..
4 your razr might not be defective at all could be software.. could be a system app improperly installed
5 WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT.. via expressing my issues i have at my mothers.. (no signal at all) i am validating your issue.. telling you what steps i took to try and fix it.. and although its not perfect it sometimes works..
6 stop being so aggressive about the issue of people posting varying information.. its a public forum and sometimes people get sidetracked.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#36 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Actually the antenna problems stemmed from grabbing the phone at the base. It proved to do the same on other phones. I gave it a test myself on 2 phones and both dropped signal.

#37 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Wow... smh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#38 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I would lean towards it being your particular handset. Check with Verizon for a warranty replacement perhaps.. Although they will tell you they don't guarantee cellular coverage inside buildings....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i got a extended warranty. I will call tech support and tell them my phone dont come on..lol

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

i got a extended warranty. I will call tech support and tell them my phone dont come on..lol

Well don't lie to them, tell them the truth, which is still covered under the warranty.

#40 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I'd try going back to stock before trying to get another replacement. Considering the secretary has good signal and you don't...it's more likely the difference is software related than hardware (especially over 3 or 4 phones). And who knows...maybe her's drops down to 3G, while yours is trying to hold 4G (which isn't as efficient as 3G in terms of building penetration) so she's showing more bars. Just my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users