11 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

Everyone and every Android device is welcome here at DroidRzr.com... and we happily welcome the DROID RAZR M to our forum sections!

Hopefully this will be a nice home to those of you joining the ranks of "Edge to Edge" computing ;)
  • droidian1441 and twinkyz1979 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

How well do you think the Developers will be in giving us with an M, the same support as the razr community?
ROMS, Root etc?

Thanks
Believe In "Open Source"

#3 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Anyone played around with a display model yet? Wondering what your thoughts are if you have.

Sent from my Droid RAZR running Droid HD 1.1

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'd love to get my hands on some system pulls to get a head start deodexing and whatnot. Any cheesecakers see this stuff at all? I've seen the razr hd rom but Matt has seemed to have spearheaded that stuff already.

Tap'n from my Nexus 7 AOKP

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

Anyone played around with a display model yet? Wondering what your thoughts are if you have.

I purchased a retail M yesterday. It is really a great phone... the size, the screen, etc are top notch. Compared to my Razr Maxx's TI OMAP processor, this SnapDragon uses less battery, runs a lot cooler since it's thinner. Plus, I believe the wifi component is built into the chip. Right now, it only comes with ICS. I really miss Google Now from my rooted Maxx. Hopefully, Jelly Bean will be here soon. The 2000 mAH battery lasted me 14 hours yesterday, but I was on it constantly. I was averaging 27 hrs per charge on my Maxx, with Google Now, with 4 push e-mails, GPS, Google Voice, and the rest of the crap that I need daily. Overall, I like the M a great deal, I'll like it better once JB arrives. I also ordered an iPhone 5. I'll do a comparison soon.

#6 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'd love to get my hands on some system pulls to get a head start deodexing and whatnot. Any cheesecakers see this stuff at all? I've seen the razr hd rom but Matt has seemed to have spearheaded that stuff already.

Tap'n from my Nexus 7 AOKP

someone at Xda posted a system dump if you are interested.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

OtterBox cases are available now for the M
Believe In "Open Source"

#8 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

Just played with the M a few minutes ago and while it is a nice device, I gotta admit my first thought was.....this feels cheap. I like the heavy duty strong feel that all previous Motorola phones have but the M feels like I could snap it in half if I grip too tight.

I am sure in all other aspects it is a great phone but I couldn't get past the feel of it in my hand.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#9 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I was in to verizon to get a replacement phone for my wifes razr... saw the M and didn't even touch it. Reason?... unrootable and can't afford the dev edition. :mellow:

When it comes time to "upgrade" I will stick with my razr
Posted Image

#10 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

How well do you think the Developers will be in giving us with an M, the same support as the razr community?
ROMS, Root etc?

Thanks

I can't say for ROMs, but if system setup is similar, the utility can be adapted easily (but will be limited if there's no root exploit). I'll take a look at the system dump; I haven't looked at one in real life yet but maybe local VZW store will let me plug it into my computer to test it (NOT)! The reps there always turn me down when I offer to root their personal (company supplied) phones, too.....

The M is getting a huge marketing push, so if it gets some sales, more people will ask for ROMs and that would drive that part of it.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#11 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

So after owning this phone for a week, having JB, and running smart actions/JD, my battery not only lasts just as long, if not longer than my MAXX. Seriously. Very bothered by no ROMs for this phone. Performance is incredible too. Just a slick phone. LOVE the display too..

:(
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#12 kididaho

kididaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note III

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Curious if anyone knows if the recovery.IMG can be replaced when using RSD lite with CWM on rooted RAZR mini? This is not the DEV addition.
Thanks in advance.

JAMES
XT907
TAPATALK 2

Kididaho XT907

BEANSALK 4.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users