10 replies to this topic

#1 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Just a reminder that Motorola's new 4.3" edge to edge display is available as of today. This bad boy is actually a pretty solid device considering its low price point ($99). The only things keeping this thing out of the premium market are the smaller storage space (8GB) and sub HD resolution. Specs to follow:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

35.18KB   28 downloads

Operating System
  • Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Processor
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core processor (Snapdragon S4) with 1 GB of LP DDR2 RAM
Memory
  • 8GB internal memory (actual formatted capacity is less)
  • Supports up to 32GB microSD card (sold separately)
Display
  • 4.3” Super AMOLED™ Advanced Display, qHD resolution (960x540)
Keyboard
  • Virtual QWERTY Keyboard with SWYPE
Battery
  • 2000 mAH Li–Ion (non–removable)
  • Usage Time – Up to approx: 20 hours or Standby Time – Up to approx: 17 days
SAR
  • Head 1.3 W/kg
  • Body–worn 0.63 W/kg

• techno-update and Bologna like this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Reminder: At the $99 price-point you are probably NOT going to see the phone rooted. Developer Editions is the only way to be 100% sure your phone will be rootable. If you are like most on this site and like ROMs.... go Dev or go home!
  • Bologna and eek88dj like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Well I'm gonna be patient and wait for the Droid Rzr HD Maxx. I will able to upgrade come October.

#4 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Reminder: At the $99 price-point you are probably NOT going to see the phone rooted. Developer Editions is the only way to be 100% sure your phone will be rootable. If you are like most on this site and like ROMs.... go Dev or go home!

I picked one up a white one for the wife yesterday. She has no need for root so it made a lot of sense to finally get rid of her Thunderbolt at the $99 price point. (BTW the TB is available to anyone that wants it, make me an offer). It actually seemed to be a pretty sweet phone from what little bit she let me play with it. The new Moto launcher makes a lot more sense now when you see that a swipe left from the home screen takes you to a quick settings menu. It's kinda funny with her coming from a TB. It's both half the phone and twice the phone at the same time. :)

#5 creepinghard

creepinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+:creepinghard

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

I picked one up a white one for the wife yesterday. She has no need for root so it made a lot of sense to finally get rid of her Thunderbolt at the $99 price point. (BTW the TB is available to anyone that wants it, make me an offer). It actually seemed to be a pretty sweet phone from what little bit she let me play with it. The new Moto launcher makes a lot more sense now when you see that a swipe left from the home screen takes you to a quick settings menu. It's kinda funny with her coming from a TB. It's both half the phone and twice the phone at the same time. :)

I will give you 50 bucks for the TB.

#6 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

I will give you 50 bucks for the TB.

No offense, but I can get $48 trade-in with VzW and not deal with shipping and payment hassles. Also, any offers should be done through PM, I don't want to screw up this thread anymore. Sorry arcanexvi.

#7 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

What? You got it for the wife and didn't go in the garage and do a quick little Motofail install on it first, just to see what would happen? Where's the team spirit?
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#8 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

I just bought the Maxx over a month ago lol..i cant keep up with it. I would love to have that or the HD coming out only way to pay full retail price i just updated to the Maxx grrrrr...

#9 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

What? You got it for the wife and didn't go in the garage and do a quick little Motofail install on it first, just to see what would happen? Where's the team spirit?

LOL. Well, my PC at home has been kinda flaky lately and I had heard the existing root methods would not work on the M, so no. (NOT YET!)

#10 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

I just bought the Maxx over a month ago lol..i cant keep up with it. I would love to have that or the HD coming out only way to pay full retail price i just updated to the Maxx grrrrr...

I wouldn't worry about it. There is not enough advancements to make the change, they're are some great rooms already built for the maxx and you are going to have some great battery life. I wouldn't even think about changing.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk

#11 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hey thanks for the spam!! Mod please delete and ban!!

I wonder if those are his actual twitter and G+ profiles. We should spam him back!! Haha...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users