#1 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Has anyone came across any themes or something like Theme Chooser for this device on stock rom?

HTC one m8 vzw
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

• Sabres032 likes this

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Doubtful you will ever see anything like that. There were a couple guys on my DNA that have theme'd some things. Rumor is Sense is quite the pain to theme. You may find a couple guys that do some theme work on their specific Rom but nothing like theme chooser...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

The only themes that I have seen were for Viper ROM. 

• Memnoch73 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#4 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Bummer.. Thanks..

HTC one m8 vzw

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

I've been thinking about flashing Viper, but there are still some issues.  I think I'm going to wait patiently for Slim to come out.  Right now, I'm rooted, S-Off, have Xposed running, and have a ton of things frozen or deleted.  I've also enabled most of the hidden Settings features.  I enabled Init.d and flashed FlyOn.  I got about 3 days out of the battery this weekend.  I'm pretty happy with the phone, and it kills my HD when it comes to performance.

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

I cannot say enough great stuff about Viper. I've flashed it a bunch of times on my DNA. The customization options are like nothing I have ever seen before in a Rom. Those guys are some of the few pure rom creators left(aside from AOSP stuff). 

• dautley and RikRong like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

I cannot say enough great stuff about Viper. I've flashed it a bunch of times on my DNA. The customization options are like nothing I have ever seen before in a Rom. Those guys are some of the few pure rom creators left(aside from AOSP stuff). 

Yeah, it looks like some bada$$ work, I'm just waiting for the bugs to get worked out.  They have a ton of things in their ROMs and it seems that everything works well together on their more established ROMs.  On AOSP ROMs, you always seem to run into issues when there are so many things built in.

#8 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2697172

I am driving right now but from what I quickly scanned, a few things should be simple enough. Not sure if this applys to us but I need to install a recovery when I get home and make a back up so I can start messing around..
HTC one m8 vzw

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2697172

I am driving right now but from what I quickly scanned, a few things should be simple enough. Not sure if this applys to us but I need to install a recovery when I get home and make a back up so I can start messing around..
HTC one m8 vzw

Yeah, there are four preloaded themes, but they don't do much, from what I can see.  I think the post you linked was aimed more at experienced themers, not at the DIY'er, and was more of a brainstorming/collaboration post for the themers. 

#10 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

Well, seems like a step in the right direction....

HTC one m8 vzw

#11 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Flashed Viper, so many mods/settings to go thru. I got frustrated and flashed back.

HTC one m8 vzw

#12 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Flashed Viper, so many mods/settings to go thru. I got frustrated and flashed back.

HTC one m8 vzw

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff in the Viper ROMs. However, it does look like they updated to the latest OTA, so most stuff should work.

#13 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

holy smokes.. xda is loaded with htc one m8 development. gunna flash this one
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2710543

HTC one m8 vzw

• RikRong likes this

#14 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

CM11 nightlies and CM based ROMs are up on XDA right now.  As soon as the bugs are ironed out, I'm flashing Slim.  You'll have to look in the general One M8 forum, not the Verizon specific forum.

#15 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

I just picked up an M8 last week. Spent a few days getting to know the phone before unlocking it. Mainly because I was in the middle of my work rotation and didn't have the time. I flashed a ROM called CleanROM, that is a debloated stock ROM, and activated a few hidden features.

So far I'm stoked with the device. Great screen resolution, sound and amazing battery life. I'm getting about 4.5 hours of screen time. :D.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#16 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I just picked up an M8 last week. Spent a few days getting to know the phone before unlocking it. Mainly because I was in the middle of my work rotation and didn't have the time. I flashed a ROM called CleanROM, that is a debloated stock ROM, and activated a few hidden features.

So far I'm stoked with the device. Great screen resolution, sound and amazing battery life. I'm getting about 4.5 hours of screen time. :D.

I started out using Viper, but when they updated and started requiring you to register to download tweaks I stopped using it and flashed Clean ROM.  I haven't looked back since.  It's heavily debloated and I don't feel like I have Viper's Big Brothers watching over me. 

• Sabres032 likes this

#17 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

I started out using Viper, but when they updated and started requiring you to register to download tweaks I stopped using it and flashed Clean ROM. I haven't looked back since. It's heavily debloated and I don't feel like I have Viper's Big Brothers watching over me.

So far this ROM is kick a$$. At some point I'd like to try SlimROM.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#18 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

So far this ROM is kick a$$. At some point I'd like to try SlimROM.

I haven't dipped into the Slim thread in a while.  Have they fixed the WiFi problems yet?  Have you flashed any of the themes for CleanROM?  The themes are what sold me for that ROM.

#19 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

I haven't dipped into the Slim thread in a while. Have they fixed the WiFi problems yet? Have you flashed any of the themes for CleanROM? The themes are what sold me for that ROM.

I'm running SlimKat on my Kindle Fire and WiFi is rock solid. I'm hoping it's the same for the M8. And no, I have not changed any themes or specialty kernels yet. As it stands right now my device is solid as us. I'll try some different themes once I start getting bored of stock look.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#20 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm running SlimKat on my Kindle Fire and WiFi is rock solid. I'm hoping it's the same for the M8. And no, I have not changed any themes or specialty kernels yet. As it stands right now my device is solid as us. I'll try some different themes once I start getting bored of stock look.

Yeah, I'm running Slim on the N7, it's my favorite aftermarket ROM, by far. There's a link to some themes for Clean ROM in the second or third post of the thread on XDA.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users