Photo

Anybody Using The Trident Kraken Or Aegis?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Music_man185

Music_man185

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

I'm getting a razr maxx in about a month. I'm coming from a droid x. I have an otterbox defender and trident kraken for my X. The defender is ok, but the kraken is awesome! I will stick with trident for my razr maxx. Haven't been able to find many reviews for the aegis or the kraken for the razr. Looking for some user feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#2 samueljsoto

samueljsoto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hey. First post here, but I love my Aegis for the Razr Maxx. I got the solid black one. Cost 35 with my discount. It slides in and out of my pocket very easily. I'm also really picky about my cases. I have 3 other cases for the Razr Maxx. A Qmadix (Crap), a Body Glove (Decent, but the rubber rubs off easy and is difficult to slide into dressier pants and jeans) and a Fortte. The Fortte is my second favorite. It's leather and has a belt clip with an open face. See here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

By far, the Aegis by Trident is my favorite though. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help.

#3 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I hated the kraken. It looked great but the quality wasn't there for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Invictus Maneo!

#4 Music_man185

Music_man185

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

what was lacking in the quality? i know most people have an issue with the holster, but i wont be using the holster very often.

#5 STLRampage

STLRampage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I got a Dualtek case from Amazon for $14 flirt my Maxx.

It's similar in build to the Aegis but it's a 1 piece case.

#6 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

what was lacking in the quality? i know most people have an issue with the holster, but i wont be using the holster very often.

All of the rubber grippers came off in a day, within a week the kickstand became really loose and the bottom cracked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Invictus Maneo!

#7 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've got one. It's a great case if you need heavy duty protection like I do. I've dropped it several times from heights of 4-6 ft having it land on concrete and each time the phone came out of it just fine. It might be a bit bulkier than some would like but from what I've seen, your phone is well protected inside it.

Not sure if I would buy another one or not though until they fix the holster thing. Actually, it's not really a holster, more like a belt clip. The clip snaps into a slot on each side of the phone. Anyway, it's kind of hard to explain but the slot is set too close to the face of the phone so it just has a small, thin piece of plastic on that side of the slot. That's what breaks off of them (I can post pictures if you'd like). When it breaks, there's no place to snap the belt clip into, making it pretty much useless in that respect. I bought mine in May and a couple months later it broke. Wasn't doing anything rough with it. Heck, I don't even know when it broke. I just looked at it one day and noticed it. It only broke on one side of that strip so the other was still hanging on. The clip worked fine that way but now it finally broke off all together. I should have called them a month ago but just never get around to it. Everything I read says they're good about making things right when it comes to this type of thing but, well, we'll see. Even so, from what I've read about others with the same problem, I have to wonder how long the next one will last.

It's really a shame. The case is great except for that and if you can do without the holster (or whatever it is) if it should break like mine, then by all means, I'd say buy it. If you're like me though, a person who uses that clip or holster a lot, well, then you'd best look somewhere else until they make the changes necessary to fix the problem.

I haven't had any of the problems bstrong mentioned. Mine is solid in all those areas. Or is at the moment anyway.

So, like I said, if you're willing to take the chance on the holster thing, I'd say do it. If it weren't for that, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

#8 Music_man185

Music_man185

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the help. I will probably never use the holster. It would be nice if it were built better, and to have the option of using it if I wanted to, or if the need for one came up one day. The holster for the kraken on my droid x is poorly designed too, so I'm used to not using one. I used the holster when I had my otterbox defender on my phone because it was built very solid. But a holster is not a deal breaker for me.

There is one thing you could try, but I can't guarantee it will work. My friend has a seidio convert case on his droid x. It came with a holster that was built and designed very well (I liked it better than my otterbox holster). I was able to use his holster on my Kraken case perfectly (I even tried to buy it from him, lol). I'm not sure if the same would apply to the razr/razr maxx. But it might be worth a try for someone who needs a good holster. I'm not crazy about the seidio case itself though

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2

#9 Bionic5ohh

Bionic5ohh

Mr Hot Rod Lincoln

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Twitter:LSC5ohh
  • Current Device(s):Waiting on Nexus 5

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Love my kraken.

sent from my ICS Bionic using Tap-A-Keg!

sigb5oh_zps165aa608.jpg

#10 ExcitedJime

ExcitedJime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

I used the kraken for a few months, and the only reason i used it for so long was the add on adapters for the kickstand...it can be replaced to a few other options. mainly the "bike" mount was my interest, but the bulk started to bother me so i ended up using the

its not quite as protective, but is has a much slimmer build and does the job. By comparison, the aegis cases are very, very similar to OB commuter cases, with just a few small aesthetic differences...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users