2 replies to this topic

#1 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint & AT&T are now the center of a survey that was conducted from June to August, to find out the device activation results between each carrier. The Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) and the results were found that AT&T still continues to benefit the most iPhone activations, while Verizon benefits from the most Android activations.

Sprint has more Android activations, but not much more than iPhone activations, and at T-Mobile Android also took the lead over basic phone activations and iPhones. But the low amount of iPhone activations on T-Mobile is because it is not offered through the company itself, but they do allow the use of the device with a T-Mobile SIM card.

On Verizon in particular however, considering the lead in Android as the result of the heavy push of Android devices that started with the DROID line, has little to almost no Windows Phone and Blackberry activations. Windows Phone finished in the survey with 2% of activations, and Blackberry with a 3 or 4 percent rating. Basic phones and the iPhone are fighting for second place, but in numbers, iPhone's are second, Basic phones are third.

While I am a "Android forever" type of guy I still am a fan of Blackberry devices. I am actually a bit surprised they came in this low. However Windows Phone getting in at 1% doesn't surprise me at all.

Final results from the four carriers: 48% Android, 28% iPhone, 17% basic phones, 4% Blackberry and 1% Windows Phone.

I can't say I am too unhappy with these results.

Via:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• rbrazier69 and lightsword like this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

basic phones are in close competition with the iphone!!!!!! FTW!!!!

on vzw anyway.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I've owned (well, I've been required to use) about a dozen Blackberries over the years - not a dozen years, but eight, with a catastrophic failure every 7-8 months on average. Blackberry keyboards, autocorrect, and security are better than any I've ever seen. I would rather type on a Blackberry than a tablet, that's how good it is. But the hardware and firmware have issues - either compatibility with other programs, or native code, I'm not sure, but they are very temperamental. And I don't feel bad for them at all. Their level of hubris makes VZW, MOT and GOOG execs look like humble public servants, IMO. Man, I loved those keyboards, though.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users