• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Rerooted as of today thanks to that exploit genius.  It looks like the link is down for the jb deodexed zip but in the meantime i'm going to try and create a script that will automate the porting so that this mod can be applied easily on top of other systemui mods

• irish711 likes this

#42 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I managed to get the toggles into the new jelly bean systemui and it's at least functional.  I plan to change a few things by tomorrow night so that they look better with jelly bean but I'll upload what i have tonight in case anyone wants to mess with it.  The automatic script isn't finished either so i'll be working on that too.

*****THIS IS NOT FINISHED AND HAS NOT YET BEEN TESTED, SO INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK*****

Spoiler

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#43 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

dang sorry guys.. just saw these right now.. c'mon you guys should know by now that i entertain requests.. just needed to shoot me a pm.. anyways if any of you still want me to merge this with one of my battery mods just throw me a pm with which battery mod you use/want this with.. and then ill make sure sinewave's cool with it aslo

that's fine with me, and anyone else is free to use this in their projects also.

#44 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

it looks like something has changed in jelly bean for gps and mobile data because i'm getting a force close on toggling due to "writing to secure settings requires andriod.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS"

I think this means i need to modify the AndroidManifest.xml somehow.  I'll have to do some research.

#45 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

it looks like something has changed in jelly bean for gps and mobile data because i'm getting a force close on toggling due to "writing to secure settings requires andriod.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS"

I think this means i need to modify the AndroidManifest.xml somehow.  I'll have to do some research.

Let me save you some time my man. You have to edit AndroidManifest.xml and add these two lines to it to get data and GPS to work:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE" />

After you recompile with that added in the manifest, the only way to get SystemUI to boot and not force close is to resign both SystemUI.apk and framwork-res.apk. This only works for a patch that can be flashed after a ROM has already booted once.

In order to bake it into a ROM to work after at first boot, all system and framework apks must be resigned (minus gapps apks and apps published in the market).

I had to do all of this to get the toggles for deodex JB to work except the baking it into a rom. I have yet to resign all the apks and give it a shot. I probably will soon just to see if it works.

• sinewave likes this

#46 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thank you very much for that!  my problem was that i wasn't resigning  the rest of the apks.  i'll try this out tonight .

#47 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thank you very much for that!  my problem was that i wasn't resigning  the rest of the apks.  i'll try this out tonight .

As some of us on Team Blurry and Team Litespeed have found out, dont resign any Google apks or apks linked to the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#48 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

As some of us on Team Blurry and Team Litespeed have found out, dont resign any Google apks or apks linked to the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I finally got it to work!  thanks for providing all those critical steps

• MarkusMcNugen likes this

#49 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'll release a flashable zip tonight as soon as i do a little more testing.

Here's how it looks so far though.    If anyone has any input as far as aesthetic changes let me know.

Spoiler

• MarkusMcNugen likes this

#50 sinewave

sinewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Original post has been updated with download links for the new release

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#51 sinewave

sinewave