5 replies to this topic

#1 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

Ok, so i just wanted to start a general topic on this to see if anyone had run into this. I have posted in one or two specific rom threads and others are not having the issue. Was hoping maybe someone could shed some light on what could be causing this for me.

I have tried every JB CM10 and AOKP rom and have had the same issue every time. It doesn't matter how much wiping i do, nothing fixes it.

YouTube will not play any videos on my phone on any of the JB roms. On stock or any other ics rom it is fine. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Moving to the Support-FAQ's section. And I honestly don't know as I had Youtube working on CM10, I have yet to try it on AOKP.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Plays for about 5 seconds then the video freezes

XT912 - STS Dev's AOKP JB Alpha
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Be more specific than saying 'it doesn't matter how much wiping'. Cache/Dalvik are safe to assume you are including, System and data are both likely as well... Does that include EMMC? Are there any additional scripts sitting you have sitting on root? Have you ever modified your own system files and if so how confident are you in having not done any damage that wouldn't be cleared by wiping the system folder?

#5 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Be more specific than saying 'it doesn't matter how much wiping'. Cache/Dalvik are safe to assume you are including, System and data are both likely as well... Does that include EMMC? Are there any additional scripts sitting you have sitting on root? Have you ever modified your own system files and if so how confident are you in having not done any damage that wouldn't be cleared by wiping the system folder?

No personal modifications at all. Just root safe strap and flash a rom. Wiping included the following...

*wipe caché from just the app
*uninstall/reinstall youtube
*wipe caché and dalvik in recovery
*wipe data/cache/format system/dalvik, then fresh install of rom
*fastboot 211 files, wipe everything to start all over.

I tried YouTube after every step mentioned and with every CM10 rom and jb AOKP available. Also realized it is not just youtube but any streaming video. Funny or die app, netflix, etc.

All work fine on non safe side with stock 211.

The only thing I did not try was putting the 215 leak on first, then flash a rom but I assume that shouldn't matter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#6 brandonspell08

brandonspell08

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationdallas, tx

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I too started having problems YouTube. After the latest update, it errored out trying to update. Google play said the update package was invalid. It advised that i should try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

I uninstalled the app using tb. When i try to reinstall from playstore it says incompatible update.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users