20 replies to this topic

#1 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

While I was switching to a ROM, there was a step where I had to delete android system. I had backed up prior, so there weren't any worries. Unfortunately, I didn't save the .zip rom file in my SD card properly, so I was stuck in bootstrap. I pressed reboot device. With no android system. So now I'm stuck with a useless phone. Anyway of fixing my phone? I'm a noob at this. :|

#2 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

While I was switching to a ROM, there was a step where I had to delete android system. I had backed up prior, so there weren't any worries. Unfortunately, I didn't save the .zip rom file in my SD card properly, so I was stuck in bootstrap. I pressed reboot device. With no android system. So now I'm stuck with a useless phone. Anyway of fixing my phone? I'm a noob at this. :|

If you can get to AP fastboot use matts 1.81 utility to flash 211.... assuming you were already on ICS
Posted Image

#3 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Which rom were you on to start?

Did you have bootstrap from boot installed? As in on boot does it go to bootstrap first? There use to be a trick on the DX as well... when powered completely off plugging into a wall charger would force into bootstrap.

If you can not get into bootstrap flashing the restore as mentioned is your best option. You could try to simply flash the stock system.img but you will probably need to wipe data/cache.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Bootstrap isn't really recommended any more... I think
Posted Image

#5 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Bootstrap is fine. Most ROMs released to my knowledge are for Safestrap though. I personally prefer Safestrap simply because of the security of being able to get into recovery even if something goes wrong.

#6 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I was using stock ICS rooted. I know what I did wrong, but I still don't know how to fix it. I've been messing around with Odin with no avail.
I've also been trying to get back to bootstrap since I have a backup saved, but I'm unable to. I didn't download boot to bootstrap.

#7 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

Try this: Hold power and volume down key, after about 10 seconds you see a flash, then immediately hold both volume keys. This should get you a menu where AP Fastboot is accessible. Then use DroidRazrUtility1.81.

Hope you get it fixed!

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#8 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

I was using stock ICS rooted. I know what I did wrong, but I still don't know how to fix it. I've been messing around with Odin with no avail.
I've also been trying to get back to bootstrap since I have a backup saved, but I'm unable to. I didn't download boot to bootstrap.

...wait this is the RAZR help section, you mentioned "Odin" do you have a RAZR or a Samsung phone?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#9 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I have a RAZR, and now that you mentioned it, it just hit me that it would make sense ODIN is only for Samsung phones.

I'm downloading DroidRazrUtility 1.8 right now, which will take some time since my home internet is pretty slow. I'll have an update on whether or not I fixed my phone. Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it!

#10 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have a RAZR, and now that you mentioned it, it just hit me that it would make sense ODIN is only for Samsung phones.

Just use RSD lite and search for the razr ICS fast boot file. It will return your phone to a factory unrooted image.

#11 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Could you give me a link? I'm unable to find a decent one. I found some for gingerbread but not for ICS

#12 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I downloaded RSD Lite, got into AP Fastboot; now, what filename am I supposed to select?

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I downloaded RSD Lite, got into AP Fastboot; now, what filename am I supposed to select?

Assuming you have a VZW CDMA XT912 Razr (not gsm or some Samsung device) you need to flash this file

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In RSD lite from ap fastboot mode on your phone. Btw, don't unzip this file. Just use it in RSD as is.

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#14 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have all of the required files however I can't do anything because my device has too low of battery. How do I charge it? I left it plugged in the wall charger all night :/

#15 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

I found the ways to do it, but I'm really unsure of whether or not I want to break apart my phone.

#16 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I found the ways to do it, but I'm really unsure of whether or not I want to break apart my phone.

Factory programming cable from TBH. Someone mentioned another cable that may be more available but I forget where I saw it.

EDIT: Just checked... TBH cable is out of stock atm.
Posted Image

#17 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Or this very generous offer.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#18 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I purchased a Factory Adapter from Team Black Hat; when it arrives, I'll update on whether or not I fixed my problem!

#19 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

I purchased a Factory Adapter from Team Black Hat; when it arrives, I'll update on whether or not I fixed my problem!

Yeah would like to know how it turned out.
Posted Image

#20 SJPark2012

SJPark2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

I got the factory cable today. With the help of mattlgroff
in the chat room I got my phone to work again! Of course, everyone who posted on this thread helped me as well! Thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users