615 replies to this topic

#381 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

^_^^_^ Same issue here. I have been trying to unlock for over a year now and got screwed with an insurance replacement.

I'm on 9.30.1 BUT I never took the OTA and held off; running Android 4.1.2
Showing rooted after tr and Motopacalypse ran successfully.

I am unable to "flash forward" for whatever reason in RSD Lite. OEM Cable, full battery, USB 2.0, multiple computers, directly connected to mobo on desktop. I previously have frozen bloat/system apps and was safe strapped a couple months back either through HOM or Matt's tool. I can't remember I've been through so many ops/attempts.

Yesterday Big Red started the process of trying to Push a different OTA and I've now frozen two updaters.

As Sam previously pointed out , this is probably my last shot if I have one.(Apologies for the vacay msg.) This has been the most frustrating 14 months of trying to get this unlocked and I finally gave up on my own and am reaching out for help.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance to everyone who works hard to support open source!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My work is never done it seems....

o) Follow the link  in the OP to flash KitKat 183 on your HD

o) If it fails, post the swdl.txt file from your RSD folder

o) If it succeeds, run towel root again to root

o) Run SuperSU (update from latest on play store if you haven't already) and allow it to update the binary

o) Run motoapocalypse apk to unlock

Again, if the KEEP DATA script for upgrading to kitkat fails, I need to see the swdl.txt file so I can determine why it's failing.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#382 RangeRat125

RangeRat125

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

Missed the unlock on JB.....so bummed. Followed the instructions here and now Rooted unlocked KK. You guys are awesome!!!

• SamuriHL, RikRong and watson387 like this

#383 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

My work is never done it seems....

o) Follow the link  in the OP to flash KitKat 183 on your HD

o) If it fails, post the swdl.txt file from your RSD folder

o) If it succeeds, run towel root again to root

o) Run SuperSU (update from latest on play store if you haven't already) and allow it to update the binary

o) Run motoapocalypse apk to unlock

Again, if the KEEP DATA script for upgrading to kitkat fails, I need to see the swdl.txt file so I can determine why it's failing.

Dude I thought you were on vacation this week? Turn your damn phone off. 

• In Awe, ibolski and GilmourD like this

#384 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

I'm home for a bit as I've got a large dumpster coming so I can do some house cleaning for a couple days before returning back to the beach house at the end of the week.

#385 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Large dumpster
My god

#386 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

x2

#387 GilmourD

GilmourD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yes search around :)

My Google-Fu may be weak today... I did have blood drawn at the doctor's office... I can't seem to find any actual discussions of why the XT926 updates branched. Seems that all devices can run one or the other so it can't be a hardware revision difference.

#388 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

It started a while back....maybe around 9.18.1 or so I can't remember.  It's not clear exactly what's up with it, but, Moto split the soak tests into two groups....a special version and the "official" version. But it's not fully clear how it works, either, because the FXZ for 9.30.1 shows as whatever the 9.18.xx (94?) version happened to be.  There was no 9.18.xx FXZ.  I theorized it had something to do with root, but, no one knows for certain.  Now we have 2 separate FXZ's for this kitkat release.  I'm not going to get into the specifics on how that came to be.  Just know that 182 is NOT an official build and is generally considered to be a soak build.  183 is the official build and has the official FXZ.  The 182 FXZ didn't come from the, uhhhh, "normal channels" as it were.  Again, not going there.  Once the split happened, there were different OTA's depending on what your version showed.  Yet the code is identical except for the version and the signing keys.  Honestly the whole thing makes no sense.  I have another theory but who knows.

• KFTheTruth likes this

#389 KFTheTruth

KFTheTruth

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@KFTheTruth
  • LocationNorth America
  • Current Device(s):SGP Blackphone & Razr HD Maxx xt926

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Oh wow. I guess it was meant to be.

RSD Lite Result= "In Process"

AP FB Status Code: 3  :D

I'll meet you at the beachouse! 

• Not_A_Dev likes this

#390 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Oh wow. I guess it was meant to be.

RSD Lite Result= "In Process"

AP FB Status Code: 3  :D

I'll meet you at the beachouse! 

LMAO.  :)

#391 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

^_^^_^ Same issue here. I have been trying to unlock for over a year now and got screwed with an insurance replacement.

I'm on 9.30.1 BUT I never took the OTA and held off; running Android 4.1.2
Showing rooted after tr and Motopacalypse ran successfully.

I am unable to "flash forward" for whatever reason in RSD Lite. OEM Cable, full battery, USB 2.0, multiple computers, directly connected to mobo on desktop. I previously have frozen bloat/system apps and was safe strapped a couple months back either through HOM or Matt's tool. I can't remember I've been through so many ops/attempts.

Yesterday Big Red started the process of trying to Push a different OTA and I've now frozen two updaters.

As Sam previously pointed out , this is probably my last shot if I have one.(Apologies for the vacay msg.) This has been the most frustrating 14 months of trying to get this unlocked and I finally gave up on my own and am reaching out for help.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance to everyone who works hard to support open source!

Well, my wife's xt926 now has an unlocked BL. Backtracking what I did to get there was that Sam's link to motopocalypse wouldn't for some reason work for me, so I decided to load and run the .apk file that bweN diorD provided in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Clicked on that a couple of times on the device, and voila: Status Code 3.

#392 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Well, my wife's xt926 now has an unlocked BL. Backtracking what I did to get there was that Sam's link to motopocalypse wouldn't for some reason work for me, so I decided to load and run the .apk file that bweN diorD provided in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Clicked on that a couple of times on the device, and voila: Status Code 3.

Hilariously the link bweN diorD provided is what I link to.  lol.  So that's odd.

#393 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hilariously the link bweN diorD provided is what I link to.  lol.  So that's odd.

Yeah, it's weird. But the bottom line is that another xt926 now happily operates with an unlocked bootloader. I wonder if VZW gets reports of a sudden increase in BL-unlocked HD's and M's now. :p

• SamuriHL likes this

#394 jdjbmedina

jdjbmedina

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, NEXUS 7

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

I was totally happy when I found out there was a root exploit and not only a root exploit but also the ability to unlock the bootloader.... SCORE! I just missed it last time by 1 day but not this time. I had been watching for an exploit since I took the OTA 4.4.2. Add another RAZR M XT907 to rooted and unlocked bootloader and another happy user. :-)))))))))))))))))))))
So is there any explanation as to why this happened?
  • SamuriHL likes this

#395 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

I was totally happy when I found out there was a root exploit and not only a root exploit but also the ability to unlock the bootloader.... SCORE! I just missed it last time by 1 day but not this time. I had been watching for an exploit since I took the OTA 4.4.2. Add another RAZR M XT907 to rooted and unlocked bootloader and another happy user. :-)))))))))))))))))))))
So is there any explanation as to why this happened?

More than likely, someone at Motorola accidentally merged their fixes with an older version of the source code that contained the old boot loader exploit without knowing it. It was code from a particular area, so the rest of the OS code shouldn't be affected by older code, but it does make me wonder! Sounds like QA wasn't on top of it's game. Someone didn't do a source code review on these changes it seems or that should have been caught. Heck, doing a diff between what was the previous release and the proposed release would have caught it.

I have to say, I bet that person either got a serious beating or a salary reduction or fired (or all three!)

In any case, it's a gift from Motorola but I doubt it will keep on giving, so everyone needs to take advantage of it right now.

• jdjbmedina and GilmourD like this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#396 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

More than likely, someone at Motorola accidentally merged their fixes with an older version of the source code that contained the old boot loader exploit without knowing it. It was code from a particular area, so the rest of the OS code shouldn't be affected by older code, but it does make me wonder! Sounds like QA wasn't on top of it's game. Someone didn't do a source code review on these changes it seems or that should have been caught. Heck, doing a diff between what was the previous release and the proposed release would have caught it.

I have to say, I bet that person either got a serious beating or a salary reduction or fired (or all three!)

In any case, it's a gift from Motorola but I doubt it will keep on giving, so everyone needs to take advantage of it right now.

I would guess it was deliberately done. This seems too good to be an accident, especially after Motorola was sold to China (Lenovo). 

• jdjbmedina likes this

#397 jdjbmedina

jdjbmedina

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, NEXUS 7

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

ibolski, on 25 Jun 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

If it was an accident or done intentionally, I guess it doesn't matter because all the phones that can be liberated from the control of the man! Now which xt907 ROM to try? Sorry wrong thread!

#398 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

If it was an accident or done intentionally, I guess it doesn't matter because all the phones that can be liberated from the control of the man!  Now which ROM to try?

I don't even think theres a recovery yet. If so I don't think any roms run the kernel

#399 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

For info on the kernal follow dhacker on twitter. He also has cm working for your lucky droids.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#400 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

also gummy. pacman is also said to be working and I have nobe's OmniROM going