615 replies to this topic

#481 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

sorry about that my system version is 183.46.10.xt926 I updated via OTA 

first I installed towelroot and rooted the phone then I installed supersu and updated the binarys

next I verified root by using root explorer and I seemed to have root access so I installed motoapocalypse.apk and ran it several times and rebooted in fastboot and it still shows locked so I tried using the computer. I updated my drivers and ran the run.bat file on windows running xp and it gets to * daemon started successfully * and does nothing else. so I downloaded rom toolbox to verify root again and it is rootedapocalypse

#482 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Well that's certainly different and fun.  LOL.  Make sure debugging is enabled.  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Barring that working, I would say your best bet is to follow the link in the OP to fix your 183 install for the HD.  Basically it'll show you how to use my RSD Flasher to flash the FXZ for 183, keeping data of course.  Once the FXZ is flashed, run the towel root app again to re-root it, update the binaries with SuperSU as you did before, and run the motoapocalypse app again.

One thing to check before going through all that.  Open up SuperSU and verify that the motoapocalypse app is set to grant su access. If it's being denied for whatever reason, that would prevent it from working.  I would do this step first.  Maybe even remove it from the list and allow the grant dialog to pop back up when running motoapocalypse on the phone.  Let me know how you make out.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#483 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Soak began about 10 hours ago so we should be seeing something new. Although I now have my shiny new M8 I still have my HD so still follow along. I got the soak email to the special forum and people are getting it. It is around 10mbs, still 4.4.2, with Bluetooth fixes and some 4.4.4 security fixes. If I get it I'll get it to you guys.
  • In Awe and SamuriHL like this

#484 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Soak began about 10 hours ago so we should be seeing something new. Although I now have my shiny new M8 I still have my HD so still follow along. I got the soak email to the special forum and people are getting it. It is around 10mbs, still 4.4.2, with Bluetooth fixes and some 4.4.4 security fixes. If I get it I'll get it to you guys.

Thanks man. That's weird that they didn't bump the version. I seriously doubt they left tz alone nor towel root. If someone grabs it pm me a link or post it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#485 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

Is it possible that the kernel will change?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#486 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

It did.  The specs of the new build were posted in another thread.

#487 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

See there.

#488 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

Towel root works with the newest OTA. I have no idea about the bootloader exploit as I'm already unlocked (since last year).

• SamuriHL likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#489 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

At least root's still there.

#490 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

At least root's still there.

Which is surprising. Makes me think this is nothing more than a quick bug-fix to address the issues with Bluetooth as that was the most complained about issue (next to the annoying popping noise which is still present but at least it's not as loud as it was before).

Which then makes me wonder if the bootloader exploit is still there then? Hopefully it is so you don't have to go into hiding or put on a flack jacket when people start asking how to unlock again! ;)

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#491 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Which is surprising. Makes me think this is nothing more than a quick bug-fix to address the issues with Bluetooth as that was the most complained about issue (next to the annoying popping noise which is still present but at least it's not as loud as it was before).

Which then makes me wonder if the bootloader exploit is still there then? Hopefully it is so you don't have to go into hiding or put on a flack jacket when people start asking how to unlock again! ;)

It's being looked into as you know.  By the guy who originally analyzed 183's TZ partition and found the hole to be there.  He's analyzing the new one to see if it's still exploitable.

• ibolski likes this

#492 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Battery life was far and away the most complained about thing. And WiFi not being as strong. I haven't heard any BT issues in comparison.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#493 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

This thread is coming to a close very soon.  The new HD update is confirmed to close up the unlock exploit again and I'm not dealing with people who are locked taking the update and posting "tried it, didn't work" posts and then bricking their phones cause they think they can simply downgrade and unlock.  Been there done that the first time around and I want NO part of that game this time.

Final boarding call....UNLOCK NOW or forever hold your peace.

• shane1, Board373, xKroniK13x and 1 other like this

#494 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hey bud. Went back to stock recovery since towel root was confirmed to work. Anyone know where I can get this 10mb update so I can get this over with lol

#495 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Yes, I do know where to get it.  If only there were a whole thread dedicated to it.  ;)  There could even be a link to it in the OP.  LMAO

• jtommyj and Board373 like this

#496 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yes, I do know where to get it. If only there were a whole thread dedicated to it. ;) There could even be a link to it in the OP. LMAO

OK color me blind but on Tapatalk I can't find the 10mb soak test file. Can you help me out lol.

#497 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

OK color me blind but on Tapatalk I can't find the 10mb soak test file. Can you help me out lol.

WTF is going on with this forum and tapatalk and that stupid thread. Someone went in and turned the whole thread green cause of this problem.  You tapa users are a pain in my ass.  Hold on.

#498 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Ok went to PC and found it

#499 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Stupid forum software.  It should look marginally better on tapa now.  I don't know what the hell caused that issue in that thread.  Very annoying though.

• jtommyj likes this

#500 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

WTF is going on with this forum and tapatalk and that stupid thread. Someone went in and turned the whole thread green cause of this problem.  You tapa users are a pain in my ass.  Hold on.

I didn't turn it green. I thought you did. Musta been Kaos. Or just #blametucs

• RikRong likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users