#1 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Very soon I will be moving to the Galaxy SIII. I found a data plan that works with what I use monthly while saving money, and I'm using my upgrade for a new phone. Just wanna thank everyone for their help with some issues I was having. My wife has a RAZR so I may start some themes....if she lets me lol. I will still be hanging around though making icon packs and what not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

No need to leave....
We have a Galaxy S III section here.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Bologna likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Dude.... Sorry to hear your moving on, to the darker side Batman!!!!! You have been a huge help and saving grace to a lot of us..... See ya around and Thanx for the fish.( hitch hikers reference there....)

Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#4 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

like matt said,hang around,we have a place for you,lol

#5 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean I was leaving the forum. It was more towards Goodbye RAZR. Yea I don't think I could find a better forum for knowledge and people willing to help others. My wife still has hers so I will be here.

Make It Your Own

#6 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm going to try and get some DEVS. On xda to become members here on the S3 section. I see its lacking on development, or maybe let me post ROMS and hacks here.

Make It Your Own

#7 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

If the Razr HD wasn't on the horizon I may have gotten an SG3.. But pulling some more work in for that device couldn't be a bad thing.

#8 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

See now I've been debating between the two, but I'm not sure I can wait 2ish months. Plus from what ive seen the S3 has an unlockable boot loader with lots of kernel?kernal? Support. And a quad core with stock benchmarks over 5000.

Make It Your Own

#9 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

If the Razr HD wasn't on the horizon I may have gotten an SG3.. But pulling some more work in for that device couldn't be a bad thing.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering the RAZR HD if I can get a dev edition...but then again, I need roms, so gotta see what becomes of the rom scene on that device, lol

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#10 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Well... I'll just say I picked up the Razr Maxx after already having the Gnex. Lol. The radios and battery life win on moto hardware IMO.. but thats not saying Sammy hardware is horrible.. I just prefer moto. Either way you go you'll have a nice device!

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'd go razr hd (or any Moto) over the SSGS3. Don't get me wrong, the specs are there but I Can't go over how obnoxious the touchwiz is (I'm quite familiar, I got a SS Galaxy Tab 2). And I can't imagine the build quality being much better than the GNex (which I also own). My brother-in-law has a SSGS3 (Ive handled his) and I've played with them in the VZW store. Eh I don't know, I'm just not really blown away. But that's me. To each their own.

And watch your step on XDA, no one on there is looking to make friends for the most part. GOD FORBID your post in the wrong area, oh no!!

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Lol.. now you started off on the right pace then went XDA hating! Lol.. In my experience you're right though. Its not a very friendly forum.

To the OP honestly I bet alot of the members here have been through the urge to get a new device! I went DX->Bionic->RazrMaxx all within a very short period! So I know all to well how that is lol. Best recommendation I would give is go to a VZW store and play with an SG3 to see if it fits. If it suits your needs and you love the device you can't go wrong!

#13 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Lol.. now you started off on the right pace then went XDA hating! Lol.. In my experience you're right though. Its not a very friendly forum.

To the OP honestly I bet alot of the members here have been through the urge to get a new device! I went DX->Bionic->RazrMaxx all within a very short period! So I know all to well how that is lol. Best recommendation I would give is go to a VZW store and play with an SG3 to see if it fits. If it suits your needs and you love the device you can't go wrong!

Haha, yes, I know that feeling as well...I hate to think of the $$ I spent on devices, lol. I went from D1 to DX, to TBolt, to Charge, to Bionic, to another TBolt, to GNex, to another Charge, to RAZR, and finally settled on the Maxx...for now...

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#14 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Oh I have, that's why I want one. The screen drew me in and the feel got me hooked. This wasn't an over night decision, I always look at pros and cons. Find what would be MY best option, and look at the support behind the device. Every phone I've had,besides my first Droid, have been a decision with at least a months worth of research. And I do have the bad feel of xda because I asked a yes or no question a week ago and have yet to get and answer. Little time will be spent there. Who knows, maybe I can create a ROM....with help of course.

Make It Your Own

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Oh I have, that's why I want one. The screen drew me in and the feel got me hooked. This wasn't an over night decision, I always look at pros and cons. Find what would be MY best option, and look at the support behind the device. Every phone I've had,besides my first Droid, have been a decision with at least a months worth of research. And I do have the bad feel of xda because I asked a yes or no question a week ago and have yet to get and answer. Little time will be spent there. Who knows, maybe I can create a ROM....with help of course.

On xda, when you ask a yes or no question and get no answer...what they are actually saying is, "here's your answer, ____ off noob"

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Or the infamous.. "learn how to use the search button!"

Imo that has always told me that they were a tool and didn't know the answer but thought it would make them look as if they did and it should be known by everyone not noob! Lol.. which is why I make DroidRZR home! There are no "noobs" here. Everyone tends to work together and play nice! We all started somewhere and that plays out very well in everyday forum activity.

OP: Being that I'm pretty sure you'll be flashing ROMs I wouldn't worry too much about the stock firmware. Lol. It honestly does on paper 1up the HD. Talk to DDX.. he has one and can give his opinions on battery life/signal strength.

#17 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Oh and on tapatalk it shows a huge list of everyone who has liked the post right in the middle of the OP. ANYWAYS.....I've got atleast a week with my RAZR and I plan on flashing your work in progress EmericanX.....so you got a week to finish:p

Make It Your Own

#18 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Well what do you know...found the answer to the question I asked....on droidrzr

Make It Your Own

#19 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Oh and on tapatalk it shows a huge list of everyone who has liked the post right in the middle of the OP. ANYWAYS.....I've got atleast a week with my RAZR and I plan on flashing your work in progress EmericanX.....so you got a week to finish:p

Lol. Well.... its done! Just so happen to fall on football day. Haha. So I'll be putting the actual update together tomorrow and getting uploaded. So you'll have time before you jump ship! Lol

Edit. Check your private messages.... no sharing! Its not ready for full steam ahead! Lol. But feel free to give me some feedback.

#20 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Sweet!!

Make It Your Own