#1 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I wanted to bring to everyones attention that there have been some very dishonest members selling devices in the market. We are investiagting those accused now to find out whats gone on. In the mean time, we would like to warn you all to please be cautious when making deals on devices. This is not to scare anyone off from buying, but to bring your attention to the times we are in and the things people are doing for a quick buck. We have made a rules thread due to all of this and would like everyone to read it if you plan on buying or selling. You can find this thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you do notice someting that seems out of place please let us know. We are not taking this lightly and this will be the only warning. We here at Droidrzr.com want our members to have a safe and enjoyable enviroment to hang out and sell or trade if desired. No member should have to worry about being scammed out of money. So hear this, if you are one of those dishonest people trying to take advantage of our good honest members, we will find you, we will catch you, and we will do anything in our power to make sure you never do anything to take money our of our communities pockets.

Thanks for taking to time to hear what I have to say and please let me know if you have any questions.
  • Mad likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#2 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

+1 trillion Thank you very much Thach!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would like to add that to any member who did have a for sale thread posted and it was removed that it was not done indiscriminately. If you had a for sale thread removed and would like to know why, please contact me. To those who were already burned, please contact Paypal, contact your credit card or contact your bank to see what, if any recourse you do have. Just know that we (myself personally) am keeping a VERY close eye on the market because the one thing we don't want to be forced to do is take it away completely. We would like to think that people can have a place to buy/sell/trade their phones and feel safe doing so. Any suspicious activity contact me or Thach and let me know. Nothing will go overlooked.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I would like to add that to any member who did have a for sale thread posted and it was removed that it was not done indiscriminately. If you had a for sale thread removed and would like to know why, please contact me. To those who were already burned, please contact Paypal, contact your credit card or contact your bank to see what, if any recourse you do have. Just know that we (myself personally) am keeping a VERY close eye on the market because the one thing we don't want to be forced to do is take it away completely. We would like to think that people can have a place to buy/sell/trade their phones and feel safe doing so. Any suspicious activity contact me or Thach and let me know. Nothing will go overlooked.

+1

As a community things like that are going to happen unfortunately! But its good to know an issue has been flagged and staff are going to keep a close watch on things.

#5 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks guys! I am currently in a buying situation so i hope i can trust this guy. (theBanders) this guy.

#6 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm glad some action is being taken against this problem. Scamming is not welcome here! :P

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#7 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Nice work guys one more reason this is the best site without any question

vtc.png

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm 100% invested in keeping the market clean and doing my best to prevent us from either losing it or only being allowed to post links to swappa or the like. We are in the middle of a "pilot project" if you will with the market and the new rules. If everyone can fall in and follow suit with the new rules than I think things will be much safer and cleaner for everyone and we (the staff) will feel comfortable enough keeping the market open as it is now with the new guidelines. We don't want to close or over regulate the market but we also don't want things getting messy or the free for all continuing. So let's all see how it goes. Just understand both buyers and sellers that there is staff on your side who is investing their time into making sure everything is on the up and up in the market area. Thank you all for being so understanding during this transition period!

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#9 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

This kind of crap is so aggravating to see.

There's scammers on every forum I'm a member on. I guess it goes to show that there are crappy people around, no matter where you go.

I guess we should all just get Paypal's and ask for spoon pics of every product posted :P

#10 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

This kind of crap is so aggravating to see.

There's scammers on every forum I'm a member on. I guess it goes to show that there are crappy people around, no matter where you go.

I guess we should all just get Paypal's and ask for spoon pics of every product posted

Read the new rules, sadly it's basically been forced on us to go this way. But you're right, droidrzr, while we consider ourselves a tight-nit family, we are always open to infiltration by outsider weasels.

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

#11 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yea it does suck to have to go the way we are with this. But to ignore the issue would be a injustice to our members and be against my morals. I personally can't sit back and watch people be taken advantage of on here. We could have just said "buy at your own risk" and left it at that. But to me that would be a slap to the face of our members. It wouldn't have solved anything, probably would have caused more harm, and we would lose trust in our members which I wouldn't want to do. My main goal is to give people a place to go and make sure they are comfortable being there knowing that we will have their back if things go south. We should lead by example and show people that we will not stand for this.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#12 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Also what if we implemented some sort of rating system as well.
Buyer can rate the seller and the seller can rate the buyer. No 3rd party ratings. That way every comment represents a specific transaction.
The rate tab could automatically include a link to the original market thread so if there were any complications everyone can review them and decide if they want to deal with the seller/buyer. This in turn would make every1 responsible for their comments. If you do everything right then you wont have any negatives but, if you get some then you know why. No back and forth bickering.Just a straight transaction.

New Sales/deals by new market users should be flagged and kept seperate from the veteran marketeers. Kind of a probation area or training ground where noobs can build up their knowledge of the marketplace and build up their trust with the vets.
The training ground would also be perfect for past victims on other sites to re share their horror stories and help steer the marketplace noobs when they have the time to. This would in effect, provide a place for everyone to learn marketplace etiquette in a friendly neighborly manner
Posted Image

#13 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

It's always the same, isn't it? All communities with a marketplace have this problem. There are a few things which work quite well when being combined..

1) When offering something, put a piece of paper with your username next to the item in the picture.
This can ensure that the offered item is factually in posession of the alleged seller.

2) If possible, a seller produces the ratings of his own ebay account or any other 3rd party evidencce that he's a reliable trade partner.

3) When a deal is made, the buyer is provided with the seller's full name,address and phone number.
The buyer can call the seller and make sure it's not some shady fake identity.

That's what you can do, if you want to make online trades a bit safer.

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#14 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

It's always the same, isn't it? All communities with a marketplace have this problem. There are a few things which work quite well when being combined..

1) When offering something, put a piece of paper with your username next to the item in the picture.
This can ensure that the offered item is factually in posession of the alleged seller.

2) If possible, a seller produces the ratings of his own ebay account or any other 3rd party evidencce that he's a reliable trade partner.

3) When a deal is made, the buyer is provided with the seller's full name,address and phone number.
The buyer can call the seller and make sure it's not some shady fake identity.

That's what you can do, if you want to make online trades a bit safer.

Yeah, that's basically the feel of how the new guidelines are.

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

I also would like everyone to know that the collection of scams run on the site over the last week or so was perpetrated by 1 individual who used 3 (perhaps 4) aliases. 3 of those accounts have been banned and one is on suspension until I can confirm if they are also another puppet-sock. Considering the way things are going with the 4 accounts activity as of late, I think it's safe to say we smoked this guy out.

I'll also add another member who got screwed over by this guy was successful in getting the scammers Paypal account frozen, so beware of anyone asking you to make payment in any "cash wire transfer" type of manner.
  • Thach likes this

#16 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

***ALERT ALERT THERE'S A NEW ONE IN THE MARKET!!!***

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#17 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Oh no..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

? A new listing?

#19 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

That doesn't seem to fit the scheme to me.

#20 mind game

mind game

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I have been trading stuff online for years but not with a lot of transactions and reading about stories about people getting ripped off all the time. It is awesome that you guys are taking an adamant approach to trying to end this. Kudos to the staff. Awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users