5 replies to this topic

#1 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

I know this is seriously of topic but thought it fit on this forum for a couple reasons.
1. Seems ICS related that the TFP is now crashing so could be a lesson learned
2. We have great peeps here helping
3. Other sites don't have devs who seem to care
4. I follow here so it's one stop shopping for me

I purchased wifey a TFP and once we took OTA ICS update we have experienced reboots. Common now for some users and wondering if anyone has heard of solutions.

I have uninstalled maps, aka removed update, and seems to be working, but probably temporary because it was an educated guess.

FYI and request for help please let me know if anyone else has TFP with these issue.

Thanks everyone!

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

I know this is seriously of topic but thought it fit on this forum for a couple reasons.
1. Seems ICS related that the TFP is now crashing so could be a lesson learned
2. We have great peeps here helping
3. Other sites don't have devs who seem to care
4. I follow here so it's one stop shopping for me

I purchased wifey a TFP and once we took OTA ICS update we have experienced reboots. Common now for some users and wondering if anyone has heard of solutions.

I have uninstalled maps, aka removed update, and seems to be working, but probably temporary because it was an educated guess.

FYI and request for help please let me know if anyone else has TFP with these issue.

Thanks everyone!

I'm afraid I couldn't find any help from a quick search over of other android forums, but

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

site for the transformer prime may be able to help you out. Sorry I couldn't find you a solution.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

As amazing as the original Transformer is, and how great the hardware in the TFP is, Asus made some major mistakes with it. I haven't looked deeply into it, but last I did check people were trying to identify whether it was a software or hardware issue causing a plethora of problems users have been experiencing. The general consensus is that it is likely heavily buggy software, but that can't be said for sure until the problems are fixed. Asus who themselves is known for great support has been little help in the matter so far.

#4 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

I think this was a marketing vs engineering mistake. Marketing said christmas is great for sales engineering said it wasnt ready. Management said good enough. Seen it before.....

I am returning mine for dead pixels and hoping a new batch is better. If the new batch isnt better ill return for a few months and watch the forums. While we are off topic.. hurray!! Sopa was atleast delayed!! If you do not know what it us please google it. Its an irritating read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the info. I was reading all the forums to see if there was a resolution. I have read they are sending refurbished replacements so I don't want one someone returned do not sure I want to go that route. I will call Best Buy and see what they cover since I just got it they may replace with a new one and I'll have to kill the update.

Thanks everyone. Really do like this forum community everyone is great.

#6 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

And SOPA, I believe in the intent but strongly disagree with the method to achieve the end result. In this case I don't think the end justify the means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users