nycbiker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:nycbiker

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hey all,

I had been flashing my Bionic regularly, but a few months ago life got busy and the official OTA was supposed to be imminent so I went back to stock 905 and figured I'd wait it out. Anyways, the itch has gotten back in me and I'm tired of waiting.

Here's the thing: I've been using safestrap from back when I was actively flashing, before the real ICS leaks came out, back when it was running on a hacked GB kernel. It sounds like, from what I've been reading, that my best bet is to 1.) remove the safestrap bootloader, 2.) do the 905 -> 232 update, and then 3.) if I want I can go back to using safestrap or bootstrap or whatever, play with HoB to go to newer leaks, etc. Is that true?

And more importantly: if it IS true, how do I remove the safestrap bootloader? I've tried opening the app, but it crashes on me now (I hadn't tried it for a while), and when I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, that failed. I tried grabbing the latest version, but that wouldn't install (and I suspected it wouldn't, since I'm not on the ICS kernel yet). Anyone have any advice? I've spent some time looking around but nothing I've found has been about this exact issue, and the old versions of Safestrap look like they got lost when hashcode redid his site so I can't try grabbing one of those.

So... yeah. Any advice? :) I'm not completely clueless, here, but there've been a lot of changes since the ICS-on-GB-on-Safestrap days and I don't want to brick my phone in the process.

#2 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I would suggest FXZing back to stock 905 and then you have the rest right from there. Good luck
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#3 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I would use the modified 5.9.905 fxz file from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and flash it with rsdlite. It will put your system back to stock but maintai your data. Then flash the .232 leak.

#4 nycbiker

nycbiker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm fxz'ing it now... wish me luck. ;)

#5 nycbiker

nycbiker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Huzzah... I'm on 232. :) Maybe tomorrow night I'll try HoB to get to a newer version.

#6 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

glad to see it worked out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users