Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] [Rom] Eclipse Razr V1.3 (2/25/12)

• Please log in to reply
1746 replies to this topic

#81 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

soft bricked my phone installing this with bootloader

Did you wipe data and cache before flashing? Also are you on 173 cheesecake leak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#82 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@blkghost22
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just flazbed the new update... running smooth.

#83 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Flashed with safestrap in safe mode and overall I really like this ROM. Smooth, fast, and beautiful. But the two things that I absolutely need are Gtalk and Motocast. I read that Gtalk has been fixed and he has updated it on his twitter page and site so I may check it out and flash again as a second system but without mototcast, I will have to keep using my stock in non-safe as my daily use.

Edit: Downloaded and flashed the updated version with the Gtalk fix but now the market does not work. It just keeps saying failed to connect. :-(

#84 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

lol Please please pleas please please please please. STOP FLASHING THINGS IN SAFESTRAP. If you are not testing ICS then there is no reason to use it. The only thing you will need to flash roms is bootstrap recovery.
  • DarkestSpawn and mopar57 like this

#85 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Flashed with safestrap in safe mode and overall I really like this ROM. Smooth, fast, and beautiful. But the two things that I absolutely need are Gtalk and Motocast. I read that Gtalk has been fixed and he has updated it on his twitter page and site so I may check it out and flash again as a second system but without mototcast, I will have to keep using my stock in non-safe as my daily use.

Edit: Downloaded and flashed the updated version with the Gtalk fix but now the market does not work. It just keeps saying failed to connect. :-(

So Nitro updated this ROM. Is he going to post it here? Or can you send me a link to his site?
Thanks

#86 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

lol Please please pleas please please please please. STOP FLASHING THINGS IN SAFESTRAP. If you are not testing ICS then there is no reason to use it. The only thing you will need to flash roms is bootstrap recovery.

Is it unsafe to flash custom ROMs in safestrap? This is the only way I know how to do it & it has worked fine for me so far. I flash on safe side & run custom ROMs on safe. If I want to go back to stock then just disable safe side. If this is not a good way can you point me in a direction to get instructions on how to do it your way?
Thanks

#87 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

Is it unsafe to flash custom ROMs in safestrap? This is the only way I know how to do it & it has worked fine for me so far. I flash on safe side & run custom ROMs on safe. If I want to go back to stock then just disable safe side. If this is not a good way can you point me in a direction to get instructions on how to do it your way?
Thanks

Just uninstall safestrap and install bootstrap. Everything works the same way, except you dont have to worry about a safe or non-safe side.
Here is everything you need to know.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#88 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with safestrap and several devs actually recommend it for flashing. So why all of a sudden is Dirty saying not to? That just makes no sense. The fact that my market is not working has nothing to do with safestrap, it is a bug in the rom itself.

The whole point of safestrap is so you don't have to keep flashing back an forth. I would not use bootstrap ever again and safestrap is the best to use so that no matter what goes wrong, you will always have a quick fix.

#89 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

The main reason is there is not point anymore. With bootstrap and fastboot files you can fix what ever is wrong. Safestrap was made to prevent since we didnt have a fix. The biggest problem people are running into is dealing with the kernels. just like I flash eclipse beside .748. This involves different kernels...which is why everyone is having problems! The phone is going to run the best on any rom with using bootstrap instead of safestrap. This will also minimize problems with any custom rom. If you like being able to switch, just make a "safe" backup of .173. Then if something happens just restore it. All the same recovery means are there, except confusion on your phone.

This will also limit a lot of questions like can I flash .173 beside .748

The biggest reason some devs are still using it is for IC3, which is still in testing..everything that gets release for the community to use has been tested and will run.
  • bcautosound likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

#90 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

So Nitro updated this ROM. Is he going to post it here? Or can you send me a link to his site?
Thanks

I just went to his twitter page and downloaded it from there. I assume an update would make its way to here sometime.

#91 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

I'm not all of a sudden saying this . Jmo without going into detail. If your using custom roms or themes ,then they need to be flashed in bootstrap. If you want to install from safestrap then that's your choice . I will not say another word about it it's your choice. In the future ,with the ICS build, it will be flashed using bootstrap. So the choice is yours. My statement was for the new guys, it confuses them , not to mention if you don't no what you are doing you can really mess something up.

#92 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

The main reason is there is not point anymore. With bootstrap and fastboot files you can fix what ever is wrong. Safestrap was made to prevent since we didnt have a fix. The biggest problem people are running into is dealing with the kernels. just like I flash eclipse beside .748. This involves different kernels...which is why everyone is having problems! The phone is going to run the best on any rom with using bootstrap instead of safestrap. This will also minimize problems with any custom rom. If you like being able to switch, just make a "safe" backup of .173. Then if something happens just restore it. All the same recovery means are there, except confusion on your phone.

This will also limit a lot of questions like can I flash .173 beside .748

The biggest reason some devs are still using it is for IC3, which is still in testing..everything that gets release for the community to use has been tested and will run..or you will see problems pop up quickly!

Yeah, I get that but for guys like me who have been flashing for more than 2 years now, I understand the difference in kernels. I have 173 stock, which is why I chose to check out this ROM since it is based off 173 and I wouldnt have to revert back. So, while others may be having issues because of incompatability, I am seasoned enough to know better.

I was just simply pointing out in my post that the market fails in the latest update which has nothing to do with safestrap so there was no need for the follow-up post by Dirty in all caps saying not to use it. If safestrap was only supposed to be used prior to the fastboot files leaking, why are all the devs still putting on their OPs to use safestrap?

#93 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

I know Matt will see this, as he is scanning the forums. See, I told you. =)
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#94 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm not all of a sudden saying this . Jmo without going into detail. If your using custom roms or themes ,then they need to be flashed in bootstrap. If you want to install from safestrap then that's your choice . I will not say another word about it it's your choice. In the future ,with the ICS build, it will be flashed using bootstrap. So the choice is yours. My statement was for the new guys, it confuses them , not to mention if you don't no what you are doing you can really mess something up.

Got it. I understand the need to clear it up for a lot of noobs that have issues and don't understand why. I guess I just took it personal that your post came right after mine when I am certainly no noob. Lack of sleep makes me irritable I guess.

No biggie....misunderstanding.

And I wasn't trying to sound like a d!ck when I asked why alll of a sudden. It's just that I read through these forums as well as others every day and this was the first post I had ever seen saying not to use safestrap so to me it seemed all of a sudden because I got the impression from many on here that safestrap has essentially replaced bootstrap as their go to recovery.

#95 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

I am one of the new guys. Just got my razr about 2 weeks ago & never rooted or flashed a custom ROM prior to this. But now hooked LOL. I'm just looking for the best & safest way to accomplish this. I've been told safe strap is the way to go & thats what i've been using but id boot strap is then I need to learn how to use it.
Thanks for all the help guys.

#96 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

New version states it has accurate battery..what is that? I'm using Arctic right now mostly because of 1% mod and haven't had a chance to get on laptop to flash back to factory to try 173. Was wondering if it was the same thing. I'm guessing it must work like circle battery widget does on an odexed build, which since eclipse doesn't say it's deodexed I believe this ROM isn't.

#97 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

It's a 1% battery as well, slightly different style.

:-D :-D

#98 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

This 6250 text message

I have made the change within MyVerizon regarding the contact. This bug is still not fixed

Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

I have received about 15 messages (6250) over the last two hours.

#99 odeveca30

odeveca30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:eli_ace

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Is anyone having any issues with the battery draining fast on this ROM even with just light use and just using 3g, thats an issue im having.

#100 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Is anyone having any issues with the battery draining fast on this ROM even with just light use and just using 3g, thats an issue im having.

I have had my best battery life on this rom! Check your MD5 ( mine is 5fe518ae44bc327020b01dbc24b5bb17) and try wiping and reflashing.
7 hours has been 20% on mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users