• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#841 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Now that I'm getting used to Swyping on the stock keyboard, and adapting to the issues created due to my external SD card, I'm thrilled. Did a clean install on a replacement phone with .215 on the safe side and it is running fine. Don't even use my ICS backup. Especially since NFL mobile works now... Just need a decent music player and a more stable camera/gallery combo, and I'm in pig heaven. Funny thing is, I de-whizzed it too.

#842 jlowel

jlowel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Sick sick Rom bro! I love it! I tried the new 4.2 camera apk found in this thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Works like a charm. Even the flash works, albeit sporadically. Loving this Rom bro!
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#843 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Now that I'm getting used to Swyping on the stock keyboard, and adapting to the issues created due to my external SD card, I'm thrilled. Did a clean install on a replacement phone with .215 on the safe side and it is running fine. Don't even use my ICS backup. Especially since NFL mobile works now... Just need a decent music player and a more stable camera/gallery combo, and I'm in pig heaven. Funny thing is, I de-whizzed it too.

Booooooooooo

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#844 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Booooooooooo

Well, to be fair, I've grown used to Nova launcher. So, first thing I do on a restore is ditch the stock launcher (including the really nice Motorola one included with the HD ICS ROM), 'cuz who wants to set up 5 home screens by memory all over again? I don't use S Chat, and am fairly comfortable with Google Now search returning good results, so S Voice isn't something I play with much.

On the plus side once you get past the silly cosmetics, this ROM is the best JB ROM I've played with. I'd like a native Motorola ROM, but they just aren't out there for JB yet. If you can get the last few hiccups resolved, like the camera and native support for 64 GB SD cards(and I realize these are JB issues, not any one ROM issue), I'm a happy guy.

Did you ever figure out why the I/O scheduler options don't work in the performance setup? The governor works just fine.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#845 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well, to be fair, I've grown used to Nova launcher. So, first thing I do on a restore is ditch the stock launcher (including the really nice Motorola one included with the HD ICS ROM), 'cuz who wants to set up 5 home screens by memory all over again? I don't use S Chat, and am fairly comfortable with Google Now search returning good results, so S Voice isn't something I play with much.

On the plus side once you get past the silly cosmetics, this ROM is the best JB ROM I've played with. I'd like a native Motorola ROM, but they just aren't out there for JB yet. If you can get the last few hiccups resolved, like the camera and native support for 64 GB SD cards(and I realize these are JB issues, not any one ROM issue), I'm a happy guy.

Did you ever figure out why the I/O scheduler options don't work in the performance setup? The governor works just fine.

lolz its cool man, not sure why it doesnt stick. CNA bug i believe

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#846 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

See post #551 for the io scheduler workaround.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#847 the.internet

the.internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Did you try Foxfi? Works perfectly for me on this build.

Nope, every one I've tried won't broadcast, and when I try to connect devices by manually putting it in, it won't find the hotspot. :(

Still loving this ROM though, been on it for weeks, that's like a record! :)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#848 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

I have Wifi Tether working. I had to select the generic ics/jb wlan0 profile. Also be sure to check the routing fix box.

Before this I was having the same problem as you.

#849 the.internet

the.internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I just tried using the WiFi Tether for Root Users again, and it did broadcast, but we couldn't get any devices to connect to it. It would sit and say 'Connecting' and then 'Obtaining an IP Address', and then it would eventually just disconnect, like there was no DHCP pool, (both my friend and I tried to connect, tried 3 devices total). Oh well, I normally just boot into another ROM if I absolutely need to tether and then come back. No big deal.

#850 ria148

ria148

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

This rom is awesome ... I’m more of a lurker :) but for an amazing rom like this I just had to say something ..... Thank you soooo much for your hard work.

• Rootuser94 likes this

#851 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

This rom is awesome ... I’m more of a lurker :) but for an amazing rom like this I just had to say something ..... Thank you soooo much for your hard work.

Glad you like it :) Appreciation is appreciated

Posted Image

#852 GNOM

GNOM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

This rom is awesome Wow thank you bro :)

bugs:
1- usb tethering not work (from wifi to usb)
2- camera and some app not work without SD-Card installed

#853 CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

First impressions: Love it!

First thing i noticed missing from previous ROM (Black Widow) - Sleep mode. Or it it IS in there, where? I used that feature quite often at work.

#854 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

First impressions: Love it!

First thing i noticed missing from previous ROM (Black Widow) - Sleep mode. Or it it IS in there, where? I used that feature quite often at work.

Thats a feature in moto ics,pretty sure not in any jelly bean roms, you shouldnt need sleep mode though.

Posted Image

#855 Papa T

Papa T

ROM Flashaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Twitter:@JTHardee
  • LocationDouglas (South Georgia)
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I am currently using Swype keyboard and every time I now use it, I get a message that reads "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard has stopped". I hit the close button, or what ever that reads, and keep on swyping. The message doesn't really interfere with my typing, just annoying having to stop to clear the message.

Is there a way to turn this message off? I tried to turn off the Android Keyboard in settings, but it's greyed out, so I can't change it.

Posted Image

#856 CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thats a feature in moto ics,pretty sure not in any jelly bean roms, you shouldnt need sleep mode though.

I'm sure I dont need it, but it was a nice step above airplane mode (which I pretty much require at work, where I have no signal).

#857 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I am currently using Swype keyboard and every time I now use it, I get a message that reads "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard has stopped". I hit the close button, or what ever that reads, and keep on swyping. The message doesn't really interfere with my typing, just annoying having to stop to clear the message.

Is there a way to turn this message off? I tried to turn off the Android Keyboard in settings, but it's greyed out, so I can't change it.

Have you been able to get Swype to auto capitalize and auto space? If so, how?

#858 Papa T

Papa T

ROM Flashaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Twitter:@JTHardee
  • LocationDouglas (South Georgia)
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Have you been able to get Swype to auto capitalize and auto space? If so, how?

The only thing I have done is go into preferences and select auto capitalize and auto space. I am also using Swype Beta V. 2.

Posted Image

#859 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

The only thing I have done is go into preferences and select auto capitalize and auto space. I am also using Swype Beta V. 2.

bummer.justtypedthiswith1.3, withspaceandcapitalizationon, andseewhatitdoes?

How did you get 2.0?

#860 darkstar1245

darkstar1245

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I love this ROM !!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users