Photo

Noob To It All, Just Got My 1St Smartphone!

Nebie Introduction

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tyrate

tyrate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

It took awhile to finally convince me to fork up the extra $30 a month to the cell bill just to add the world of smartphones but I finally did it. Being the genius that I am it didn't take me long to figure out the world of tweaks and Hacks but I couldn't of done it without the help of this forum.. Thanks for maintaining a great site..

Equipment/Mod
Droid RAZR ICS 4.04
Simplex Rom 1.3 Mod Rom

#2 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Welcome, tyrate!

Simplex is a good rom & go check out the tips section & hacks & all the good stuff here…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#3 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

make sure you are on wifi when you are working with roms :D welcome to the family
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

make sure you are on wifi when you are working with roms :D welcome to the family

Why the WiFi?
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

$30 only 2gb plan setting up roms takes up some decent data
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#6 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Why the WiFi?

Probably in case you break data :P
  • leviwg likes this

#7 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

VK, hi, just to share… the Speed Test app shows that the VZW sales people actually got something right- 4G is faster than wifi, but your advice is good - w/wifi, you don't eat up your data plan MB's…

Nice to see you here! & tyrate- enjoy & check out the chat room, helpful folks there…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#8 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Welcome tyrate! If help is ever needed, there are plenty of :ph34r:`s here to assist you. Have fun!
Posted Image

#9 tyrate

tyrate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wow what a great welcome thanks for the tips y'all. Yeah I'm a bit of a computer geek so I was already hip to the wifi / data consumption deal. So my only problem now is how to convince my wife and kids they don't need there smartphones yet... I'm doomed... LOL! Thanks again and I'll definitely be around the forums asking questions because I still have a bunch of them but I would prefer to do some research before I come on here and start asking repetitive ones.

I am very impress with the Simplex ROM though there are some minor things I noted I'd missed from the original stock, nothing I can't live without but would be nice to have bloatware type apps i.e. smart actions and backup assistant plus. I also notice when I plug my razr into my laptop it was no longer recognized..? I would be interested in seeing a poll of members choices of preferred ROMs because its a tough call knowing which one to go with 1st. For me an upgrade in sound quality and performance is my biggest desires in a ROM.

#10 newms323

newms323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Wow what a great welcome thanks for the tips y'all. Yeah I'm a bit of a computer geek so I was already hip to the wifi / data consumption deal. So my only problem now is how to convince my wife and kids they don't need there smartphones yet... I'm doomed... LOL! Thanks again and I'll definitely be around the forums asking questions because I still have a bunch of them but I would prefer to do some research before I come on here and start asking repetitive ones.

I am very impress with the Simplex ROM though there are some minor things I noted I'd missed from the original stock, nothing I can't live without but would be nice to have bloatware type apps i.e. smart actions and backup assistant plus. I also notice when I plug my razr into my laptop it was no longer recognized..? I would be interested in seeing a poll of members choices of preferred ROMs because its a tough call knowing which one to go with 1st. For me an upgrade in sound quality and performance is my biggest desires in a ROM.

as far as sound goes I installed beats audio installer from the market. It has definitely improved the sound on my phone. I've been using JB roms since they've had data working. There's a few things that aren't worked out on them yet, but they are smooth as butter. There's some really great devs on this sight, it all comes down to the look and options you want. Do a little exploring and read some opp op`s and I'm sure you'll find one you love.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users