6 replies to this topic

#1 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have had my bionic for a little over a year now and I have always wondered if with all the space on the bionic is there a way to make it dual boot?

I know some people use safe strap to do that and that kind of works for me, but it takes a while.

There are so many great ROM's and I would love to run more than two with a stock version.

When I had my HTC Droid Eris someone came up with dual boot, it was slow (the eris was too) but I could just run a script in terminal emulator and it would change ROM's.

Just curious

#2 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I have had my bionic for a little over a year now and I have always wondered if with all the space on the bionic is there a way to make it dual boot?

I know some people use safe strap to do that and that kind of works for me, but it takes a while.

There are so many great ROM's and I would love to run more than two with a stock version.

When I had my HTC Droid Eris someone came up with dual boot, it was slow (the eris was too) but I could just run a script in terminal emulator and it would change ROM's.

Just curious

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Will penta boot work?
Just having fun with Android!

#3 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Like having 5 boot options?

I saw the new safe strap and I lost root over the weekend when I RSD'd my phone. I will install the new version. Will that give me penta boot?

#4 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Like having 5 boot options?

I saw the new safe strap and I lost root over the weekend when I RSD'd my phone. I will install the new version. Will that give me penta boot?

Sort of. It will give you 5 different boot options, but not from a boot menu. You have to go into SS3 and you can create up to 4 more boot images. You choose which one to boot into from SS3. I'm currently running the stock .247 as my system, plus I just installed the CM10 alpha as another image.

It's sweet.
  • Erisdroid? likes this
Just having fun with Android!

#5 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I just saw that in the change log. Thank you.

I will give this a shot.

#6 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

ss beta works good for switching doesn't give the boot screen but pretty simple to switch between roms in it
  • csantarcangelo likes this

#7 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

You guys were right! (not that you needed my confirmation) SS3 works great for "dual boot". I have stock, and two custom ROms running. it doesn't take nearly as long to swap ROMs and reboot.

Love it!

Thank you for your help.
  • csantarcangelo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users