417 replies to this topic

#341 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

Please open a separate thread for those issues.  This isn't a general android thread but specific to the tool.  Thanks.

• bigjailerman likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#342 bigjailerman

bigjailerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:Dave L
  • Locationon the hop
  • Current Device(s):razr M, S4 I545

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

10 4

....its never too late to learn :google

#343 flanders

flanders

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Registered just for this and it saved what I thought was a dead phone. Thank you for this tool!

• SamuriHL, matjmonk, cmh714 and 1 other like this

#344 EliC

EliC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Is the radio updated when flashing an FXZ file? I have a xt926 on jellybean, with CM installed, and plan to go to KK. So I need to get back to stock first. Is it better to FXZ to jellybean and take the over the air update, or just use the latest FXZ KK?

#345 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

Is the radio updated when flashing an FXZ file? I have a xt926 on jellybean, with CM installed, and plan to go to KK. So I need to get back to stock first. Is it better to FXZ to jellybean and take the over the air update, or just use the latest FXZ KK?

Just update with FXZ straight to KK. I'm assuming you're unlocked since you're running CM? If you're not, update to the KK build that ends in .10 and unlock. Don't update via OTA, there have been a few bricks that way.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#346 EliC

EliC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just update with FXZ straight to KK. I'm assuming you're unlocked since you're running CM? If you're not, update to the KK build that ends in .10 and unlock. Don't update via OTA, there have been a few bricks that way.

Yes, I'm unlocked, so I am fine there.

So the radio will update also??

#347 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yes, I'm unlocked, so I am fine there.

So the radio will update also??

Yes, it should. If it doesn't, you can flash the radio separately.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#348 Senju

Senju

Veteran Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAyer Ma.
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

thanks samuri, last we spoke was opening week for kk. the reset jar fixed a issue i had with fastboot (like voodoo magic! :D)which i couldn't fix, and i was trying.the flasher works great!

• SamuriHL likes this

Say what now?!? :huh:

#349 GTIM2L8

GTIM2L8

A Man On A Mission!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@GTIM2L8
  • Google+:gtim2l8
  • LocationThe Southern State That Started It All.
  • Current Device(s):Raspberry Pi, Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 - Droid Razr XT912 - TF201 Asus Transformer Prime

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

I just flashed version 98.72.165 Android version 4.1.2 on my old xt912 with RSD lite and I cannot seem to get root.

I tried mattlegroffs utility, razr_blade and safe_root Moto.

Did I flash the wrong image or am I missing something here?

''Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'' - Albert Einstein

#350 240phil

240phil

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

my phone was stuck in a boot loop.  was able to use this and get the stock rom flashed back to it without loosing all of my data, pictures and music. 

I'm seriosuly in tears I'm so happy. I thought I lost all of it. 

now I'm off to back all that up so I don't have that scare again. 

This post needs passed around the internet all kinds of ways. I just happened to stumble upon it on accident looking for the fastboot files I needed. 

This saved me from loosing everything!!!

Thank you 

thank you

Thank you!!!

• SamuriHL, matjmonk, Badger1313 and 1 other like this

#351 cj360

cj360

• Superuser
  • 85 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

Is there something I'm missing for the drivers? Because DL'ing and extracting the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

from there < error and say a file si missing.

Edit thanks for making this tool, the flasher saved my rear end, er phone actually.

#352 coolabyxt907

coolabyxt907

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWadsa, Distt.- Gadchiroli. India
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Fasboot is locked does it will work

#353 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

The status on your fastboot screen that displays locked refers to the bootloader.  Regardless of the whether it is unlocked or locked, you should be able to flash the same or newer firmware.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#354 coolabyxt907

coolabyxt907

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Fasboot is locked how to ?

#355 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Fasboot is locked how to ?

read the first post. it has all the instructions there

#356 coolabyxt907

coolabyxt907

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Thank you Sir... Thank you very much its done.... Thank you very much

#357 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

I used this before to downgrade to JB and worked. I was looking at getting a newer phone but need to save the money as I am getting married in August. Never been a fan of KK but used it for a week when it hit the XT926. I am going to try KK and a custom rom. I did everything as I did before and fallowed the direction. I did the generate scrip with full. RSD Lite will not start when clicked the box. I then open RSD Lite and flashed the file the was generated. Flash failed. I then used my old JB univeral generated scripped that I used to downgrade last year. Now my phone is in Ap Fastboot with Sticky bit fastboot.  Not sure what is wrong. 

Edit. I made a universal generated scrip and see what happens.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#358 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Sticky bit is discussed in the OP which you read.  :)  I'd need to see the RSD Lite log to see why "flash failed" which tells me nothing as to the cause.  Also KK doesn't tell me the build you're flashing, as there are multiple.  One theoretical scenario that may have happened if I'm just making s*** up is that you originally had build 15 installed before you downgraded to JB and then decided to try a full with build 10 which failed with a GPT error.  That left your phone in a bad state which then caused the sticky bit error with your old script.  Again, just pulling things out of my ass cause I don't have enough info to know for sure what happened, but, that's as good a guess as any.

#359 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

Sticky bit is discussed in the OP which you read.   :)  I'd need to see the RSD Lite log to see why "flash failed" which tells me nothing as to the cause.  Also KK doesn't tell me the build you're flashing, as there are multiple.  One theoretical scenario that may have happened if I'm just making s*** up is that you originally had build 15 installed before you downgraded to JB and then decided to try a full with build 10 which failed with a GPT error.  That left your phone in a bad state which then caused the sticky bit error with your old script.  Again, just pulling things out of my rear end cause I don't have enough info to know for sure what happened, but, that's as good a guess as any.

Forgive me for not giving more information. I lost track of time and had to leave.

I was able to fix my stick bit. I used the link you posted and then opened my motopocalypse folder and use the hold shift and right click to open command window. Had phone in AP fastboot and used the fastboot oem fb_mode_clear to fix the stick bit.

Before I was on the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml. Fallowed your instructions and downgraded to VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml. Waiting on getting a new phone, I decided to upgrade to check out KK custom roms. I re-fallowed your instructions. I am going to try it again and if t fails. I will send log to you. 

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#360 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

What did you try to flash with the full script?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users