Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Should music be stored on the phone's internal storage or SD card? Is performance affected by either method? I was using Google music which I've been very happy with, but now that Verizon will likely force us to go to a shared data plan so that my husband can upgrade his phone, I'm looking for ways to converve data and Google music uses the most. I have my HOB files on the SD card, not sure if that matters. I did the HOB upgrade from 232 to 246 Friday night, went so smoothly. Going from GB to ICS is like getting a brand new phone! Just bought a new TPU cover to celebrate. Any thoughts or advice? Many thanks.

#2 mattgaitan

mattgaitan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:matthewgaitan

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I really don't think it matters. I personally keep mine on the external SD card just incase I do something to mess up my phone as I wouldn't want to have to transfer it to a new phone. The choice is yours though :) and no, there wouldn't be a performance difference!

#3 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ditto. I wish we could stick it to the carriers and all decline data and just use wifi when available until they (Verizon, at least) decided to be reasonable with their data pricing.

Mandating a data plan seems wrong to me when I think of it that way. Is it still required?

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#4 avlambo21

avlambo21

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Twitter:avlambo21
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

if you use google music (the cloud storage portion) then it can only be stored on internal storage until the update the app to allow for SD card storage... if i read your question correctly that is... if you sync straight from your computer than either should work

DroidBionic [Running ICS thanks to HoB, now running Jelly Bean]

#5 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

strictly speaking it will only affect quality if your playing any quality above mp3. I'd store it on sdext only cause you'll likely have apps running off internal

#6 shep419

shep419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Twitter:@shep42o

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I have a ten gig plan I pay like a 100 bucks a month

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users