#1 les017

les017

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hi, what a wealth of info here! But I am still missing a couple of links in my mind.

I had previously enjoyed root and ROMming of my OG Droid and when root was obtained for The Bionic I gleefully joined in. I quickly learned that I did not have the heart or the time to deal with encrypted bootloader, leak, Safestrap, etc, but this was not until after I had flashed 5.7.893. Now 9 months later virtually all of the "get back on OTA path from 5.7.893" links seem to be dead and I am more than a bit out of the loop and out of practice.

The link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

says that the procedure can be used to take ANY less-than-6.7.235 install to 5.9.905. Will this also work in my case? I ask because all previous references to flashing over 5.7.893 indicated that the included radios can cause issues.

I have no problem needing to completely rebuild my phone and I am (at this point) not so concerned with losing root (I'll deal with that later, if at all). Right now I just want to get back on upgrade path, get .246 and go from there. Will the RSDLite method work in my case?

Any advice is appreciated.

#2 Daemoen

Daemoen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

les, read the entire first post of HOB, and the last 4-5 pages. Assuming that you can follow the instructions, you should be fine and running 246 like the rest of us shortly. I was on a rooted/rommed phone and had a couple of issues getting back to OTA myself, thankfully HOB and the community were able to identify what was going on and I am now enjoying ICS.
Droid Bionic, ICS 2.4.6

#3 mattgaitan

mattgaitan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:matthewgaitan

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

If I were you I would just use RSDLite with the .905 FXZ then take the OTA from there. If the OTA hasn't hit your phone by the time you can just download the .246 update to your external sd card and flash that in stock recovery. You could alternatively use HoB as that roots for you at the end. It's just a matter of how you want to go about it.

#4 les017

les017

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. After more and more reading I do think I'll elect to simply do the .905 FXZ for now, and go from there.

This is just what I needed, a little shove in one direction (as well as no one jumping up and screaming "NO don't do that!!!!!") :D

#5 Daemoen

Daemoen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

There its no real reason to use .905, the 246 FXZ is available now :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Droid Bionic, ICS 2.4.6

#6 les017

les017

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

There its no real reason to use .905, the 246 FXZ is available now :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I should have explained. I wanted to do .905 first just to see if the OTA takes afterwards....just for grins, you know. If the .246 OTA doesn't come, then I'll FXZ it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users