Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Can you recommend an app (preferably free) to organize music folders that I can use on my computer and sync with phone? I was using Google music, which I was happy with, until I realized that I was using data to play/stream music. I'm now using the stock music app on Bionic with ICS and hate having to organize music, create playlists on the phone. Hoping to find something similar to Google music/Itunes where most of the legwork can be done from my laptop. Many thanks for your thoughts.

#2 linuxgator

linuxgator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:linuxgator
  • Google+:linuxgator
  • LocationNorth Central Florida
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Have you tried winamp?

#3 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

No, I haven't, but just checked it out in the Google play store and it looks perfect, thanks!

#4 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Why not keep using Google Play if you were happy with it and just don't upload anything to the cloud?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#5 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

I thought it didnt use data as long as u don't upload to the cloud and only play offline music

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#6 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

I didn't realize I could use Google play for off-line music, I thought it was all through the cloud. I'll need to look at this more carefully. The one benefit of the cloud was that once I added music to my library, it automatically synced to my phone, I didn't have to go through the extra step of copying it onto my SD card. Now that my husband is scheduled for a phone upgrade and we may lose our grandfathered data plan and I'm looking to conserve data wherever possible, I otherwise would not be considering this.

#7 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

I didn't realize I could use Google play for off-line music, I thought it was all through the cloud. I'll need to look at this more carefully. The one benefit of the cloud was that once I added music to my library, it automatically synced to my phone, I didn't have to go through the extra step of copying it onto my SD card. Now that my husband is scheduled for a phone upgrade and we may lose our grandfathered data plan and I'm looking to conserve data wherever possible, I otherwise would not be considering this.

Only the upgraded line loses it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users