5 replies to this topic

#1 ansel

ansel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

It's not my phone so I can't play with it. But I rooted andnstalled Voodoo and safestrap recovery.
I installed the safestrap and I'm not sure how to use it. I want to create two copies exactly the same and mess with one and if it dies just copy over.

Is that possible with safestrap, yes of course. The phone belongs to my boss so I can't really play with it. Looking for how to create two boot partions the same using this cool app and that's it.

Please help!

#2 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

You would have to use Safe mode in where you would be on a "partition" that can be modified or changed without hurting the non safe side

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 ansel

ansel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the help, I'm drowing and I can't play with the dam phone....
Let me ask you a few questions pls.
1. So he safe side is really the side you mess with and the unsafe side is the original partition. yes?
2. Do I need to format or wipe or do anything to the safe partition before or after the back up?
I enabled safe mode, made a back up, and tried to boot into the safe zone but it would boot loop. Just saw a red screen and reboot.
What did I miss?
3. Do I need to load the safe patitiona with the back up or does it that automatically.
Thanks bro you are really getting me out of a bind with my boss.

#4 Jcubed

Jcubed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

1. Correct
2. After you create a backup for your unsafe side, turn on safe side and you can wipe all the stuff, dalvik, format system, cache, all those goodies. You probably just need a clean wipe. Are you flashing a rom?
3. I actually don't know if it automatically does it. You could do it just in case.

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#5 ansel

ansel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

ok, this is begining to make sense. I'm not flashing a rom or anything. There's a conflict with bloat ware and fixing that is the final objective. For now just want to make the safe partition the same as the original and boot of the safe this way if he messes it up there's a way back. No rom, nothing more.
One last question, what do you mean by wipe all that stuff, dalvik, format system??? Point me in the right direction if I need to read, I've been all over the forums looking for how to do this. You are saving me! THANKS !!!

#6 Jcubed

Jcubed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users