12 replies to this topic

#1 dcolest44

dcolest44

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way to root the leak without using root keeper?

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

You can't unless you are a Developer Edition or a new exploit comes out.

Rsd back to ICS with the files in the development section

Root

OPEN PLAY STORE AND UPDATE SUPERUSER. THEN OPEN SUPERUSER USER AND UPDATE BINARIES

Install OTA root keeper. Backup root. Then temp unroot. Then reroot.

Flash Jellybean leak

Install OTA keeper and reroot

Done!

• dcolest44 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 dcolest44

dcolest44

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thank you Matt

#4 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

You can't unless you are a Developer Edition or a new exploit comes out.

I am really considering a developer edition... lol...sold my M, and the N7 is on the way to being sold...I should be able to afford a developer edition shortly after that, lol...but hey, in the meantime I love my Maxx HD

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#5 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to root the leak without using root keeper?

Random question...why do you ask? Did you have trouble with OTA Root keeper, or did you forget to root prior to updating?

I updated this morning but forgot to update my SU and SU Binary prior to updating (noob move, I know), so I ended up with a false positive in Rootkeeper...had to go back to ICS and start from scratch...oops!

#6 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Random question...why do you ask? Did you have trouble with OTA Root keeper, or did you forget to root prior to updating?

I updated this morning but forgot to update my SU and SU Binary prior to updating (noob move, I know), so I ended up with a false positive in Rootkeeper...had to go back to ICS and start from scratch...oops!

Thats what I'm trying to do right now. I'm using Matt's utility to try and fastboot, but cant get past < waiting for device >. No idea why! I have moto drivers installed, and enabled USB debugging...any other ways of fastbooting?

#7 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thats what I'm trying to do right now. I'm using Matt's utility to try and fastboot, but cant get past < waiting for device >. No idea why! I have moto drivers installed, and enabled USB debugging...any other ways of fastbooting?

If you have done all the basics already... restart phone, restart pc, uninstall and re-install drivers then you can try a factory reset. This has fixed this problem in the past on other phones.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#8 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I am really considering a developer edition... lol...sold my M, and the N7 is on the way to being sold...I should be able to afford a developer edition shortly after that, lol...but hey, in the meantime I love my Maxx HD

No MAXX developer edition ruled that out for me. I am actually pretty happy with the stock software, the only real use I have for root right now is so Lightflow can turn off my notification light at night.

If we get a version or two behind on the android OS releases, I'm sure my tune will change.

#9 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

No MAXX developer edition ruled that out for me. I am actually pretty happy with the stock software, the only real use I have for root right now is so Lightflow can turn off my notification light at night.

If we get a version or two behind on the android OS releases, I'm sure my tune will change.

I felt the same way...but I am being told that the HD gets battery life like the regular Maxx...so why not grab a dev edition? ordered mine tonight, lol

#10 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

If you have done all the basics already... restart phone, restart pc, uninstall and re-install drivers then you can try a factory reset. This has fixed this problem in the past on other phones.

Do you mean if I cant get the utility to work, to try a factory reset from within the settings menu?

#11 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

In order to fastboot, you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode

#12 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Do you mean if I cant get the utility to work, to try a factory reset from within the settings menu?

Please disregard!!! I wasnt in fastboot mode.

#13 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Please disregard!!! I wasnt in fastboot mode.

Sorry I didn't mention that before...it just now occurred to me lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users