Photo

[Recovery][Locked Devices] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flash +] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#61 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I need a "ls -l /" command run from stock and pastebin'd somewhere, please. :)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• HippStar likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#62 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Thanks man :)

#63 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Thanks man :)

No problem.

JXGM6Ej.png

#64 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Here's the list commands from mine.

#65 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Can I get a pm with a full logcat / dmesg booting on a rom-slot?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

#66 onequbit

onequbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

FOR USERS RUNNING JELLYBEAN LEAK ONLY
INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

Is there any way to get stock into a rom-slot without having to re-install/configure everything?

Is it possible to go back to completely stock ICS (via Droid RAZR HD utility) in the stock space, then load the leaked JB into a rom slot?

EDIT: OH, and thanks so much for this, I've been itching to start flashing on my Maxx HD.

#67 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Is there any way to get stock into a rom-slot without having to re-install/configure everything?

Is it possible to go back to completely stock ICS (via Droid RAZR HD utility) in the stock space, then load the leaked JB into a rom slot?

EDIT: OH, and thanks so much for this, I've been itching to start flashing on my Maxx HD.

There is a way to load your stock into a rom slot without having to set up again...but if you do it, I guess you can't complain about any issues you find, lol, since it's kinda going outside Hashcode's instructions.

OK...here's what you do:

- Follow the OP instructions to get your stock rom in your rom-slot.
-Once you have that completed, go into recovery again.
-make sure you're on the rom slot.
-select "Restore" in the main menu
-select the backup you made of your stock system
-restore data partition only.
-once it's completed as "success"...reboot and your rom slot should be exactly the way your stock was when you made your backup.

***this is what I did on my Maxx HD, without issue, but...this is not a proven method...the fact that Hashcode didn't include this in his instructions likely means it's not recommended. But if it doesn't work, you shouldn't have any worries other than starting over on your rom-slot.***

As for running the stock JB rom in a rom slot while your stock rom is on ICS...I don't think you can, because #1 he hasn't released a method for ICS...
And #2 because you'd be running stock JB on the stock ICS kernel...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#68 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Qq why are we only restricted to 3gb I have multiple 1gb games and I want to be able to run future roms comfortably. Not meaning to sound like a tool.

-tapped from my RAZR maxx HD with Safestrap

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#69 krazyace38

krazyace38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

There is a way to load your stock into a rom slot without having to set up again...but if you do it, I guess you can't complain about any issues you find, lol, since it's kinda going outside Hashcode's instructions.

OK...here's what you do:

- Follow the OP instructions to get your stock rom in your rom-slot.
-Once you have that completed, go into recovery again.
-make sure you're on the rom slot.
-select "Restore" in the main menu
-restore data partition only.
-once it's completed as "success"...reboot and your rom slot should be exactly the way your stock was when you made your backup.

***this is what I did on my Maxx HD...this is not a proven method...the fact that Hashcode didn't include this in his instructions likely means it's not recommended. But if it doesn't work, you shouldn't have any worries other than starting over on your rom-slot.***

As for running the stock JB rom in a rom slot while your stock rom is on ICS...I don't think you can, because #1 he hasn't released a method for ICS...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

#70 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

Hmm?

#71 onequbit

onequbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

OK...here's what you do:

I had actually tried this and it didn't work. Well it may have worked but I probably didn't give it enough time to boot up (it appeared to be stuck in the Droid boot-up animation). Nevertheless, I just spend the extra ~1 hour to Titanium back up everything I cared about in my "stock" image, and restore it in my ROM slot. No big deal.

Ok, I had a thought the conflicting kernel/radios would cause an issue. HOPEFULLY we'll be able to upgrade directly from the leaked JB to the official release.

Is it safe to assume that running the HD utility to go back to stock ICS will wipe out Safestrap?

#72 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Qq why are we only restricted to 3gb I have multiple 1gb games and I want to be able to run future roms comfortably. Not meaning to sound like a tool.

The 3gb data size is only for the core data that most apps use. Games which need 1gb of space will load that content on the internal or external sd card spaces.

Most android devices where the internal sd card isn't shared w/ data have about 2gb of space allocated, and slightly older devices like the droid 3 only have 1gb data size. 3gb is HUGE for a dedicated /data partition. You would need to install 100's of apps to fill that up.

#73 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

The 3gb data size is only for the core data that most apps use. Games which need 1gb of space will load that content on the internal or external sd card spaces.

Most android devices where the internal sd card isn't shared w/ data have about 2gb of space allocated, and slightly older devices like the droid 3 only have 1gb data size. 3gb is HUGE for a dedicated /data partition. You would need to install 100's of apps to fill that up.

When I was downloading apps I ran out of space. Maybe I have to download the apps to the sd card. Update: tried... It doesn't even see the cards on the app 2sd app

#74 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm fixing the sd card bug. I'll have a new build hopefully tonight/tomorrow.

Should fix the paid apps issue.

• rgb24 likes this

#75 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm fixing the sd card bug. I'll have a new build hopefully tonight/tomorrow.

Should fix the paid apps issue.

:mellow: if I had some money on my car after I ordered my case I would donate! But sadly stuff is so over priced these days...

#76 Droidrazr34

Droidrazr34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

So I uninstalled Safestrap from 2.11 and installed 3.0.5 on Razr Maxx from the safe side. When I booted into recovery I had absolutely no option to create a rom slot its just greyed out. When I tried to reboot into my so called "non touched" stock rom it just froze and won't boot. I am extremely unhappy with this new version of safestrap and have spent hours trying to fix this after I have followed the instructions exactly to install it. Everyone just says to create a rom slot but no one seems to be having it Frickin' greyed out. This easy switch to safestrap 3.0.5 has been the biggest pain in the hiney so far with the Razr.

#77 Batman01

Batman01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

i'm missing something, i installed Safetrap in the JellyBean leak and then followed the steps to get stock in the Stock ROM slot but when i Activate the ROM Slot-1 and then select Restore the backup i made is not available it is only available from Stock ROM. What am i missing?

Thanks

#78 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

So I uninstalled Safestrap from 2.11 and installed 3.0.5 on Razr Maxx from the safe side. When I booted into recovery I had absolutely no option to create a rom slot its just greyed out. When I tried to reboot into my so called "non touched" stock rom it just froze and won't boot. I am extremely unhappy with this new version of safestrap and have spent hours trying to fix this after I have followed the instructions exactly to install it. Everyone just says to create a rom slot but no one seems to be having it Fucckingg greyed out. This easy switch to safestrap 3.0.5 has been the biggest pain in the assss so far with the Razr.

Dude - I see this is your first post. If I may offer, you need to check your 'tude at the door. This community is one of the most helpful out there and you will get questions answered and help offered. Your tone in your note is basically offensive and unnecessary. Perhaps you'd like to rephrase?

Proud father of a US Marine

#79 decantur

decantur

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

i'm missing something, i installed Safetrap in the JellyBean leak and then followed the steps to get stock in the Stock ROM slot but when i Activate the ROM Slot-1 and then select Restore the backup i made is not available it is only available from Stock ROM. What am i missing?

Thanks

You need to do the backup to an external SD card.

#80 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Thanks

Can you tell us exactly the steps you took? Perhaps then we'll be able to tell you what you've missed so we can get you set up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users