• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lifeasadroid

lifeasadroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

These adaptors look like they allow one to connect a flash drive to their phone or tablet. Anyone ever try one on a phone before?

#2 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Won't work on a Razr. At least it doesn't on mine. My guess is there isn't any drivers for it. I have an OTG cable that works on my Xoom for external hard drives but that's an unlocked device and I'm running a custom rom and kernel on it. Didn't work on the Xoom with the stock rom and stock kernel. I don't know if it's a kernel level thing or something in the OS but my guess is it's the kernel. If that's the case, it won't ever work on the Razr because of the locked bootloader.

#3 lifeasadroid

lifeasadroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Tried it this morning on my RMaxxHD and it worked perfectly. Have to mount the flash drive under settings/storage.

#4 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I tried it again too (Razr Maxx) and it doesn't show up in settings. However, I was trying an external hard drive. Not a usb flash drive. Have one somewhere around here but I'll have to dig a bit to find it.

After reading the OP again, I see he/she was asking about flash drives. For some reason when I read it hard drives came to mind. Need to pay closer attention I guess.

#5 lifeasadroid

lifeasadroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Try it again with a flash drive. I tried with an external hard drive and it didnt recognize (wanted to format instead). I've heard the RAZR and RAZR HD were both capable of attaching a flash drive via OTG cable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users