Photo

Upgrade Time

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Which phone for upgrade (40 member(s) have cast votes)

I'm on the fence....can't decide...Need a solid phone, but I like to flash, theme and O/C.

1. DROID RAZR HD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted DROID RAZR MAXX HD (24 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. DROID RAZR M (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

4. Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB (15 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWallingford, CT

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for any input or suggestions...

Edited by rpizzijr, 10 November 2012 - 04:03 AM.

But wait....if you're here, who's running hell?

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Yeah I have an upgrade coming soon also. While I really like the Razr HD it does not seem to be all that different than the OG Razr I have now. I am thinking of going GSIII just to change it up already. Although I want to take a look at the new HTC Droid DNA that will be announced Tuesday...
  • leviwg likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yeah I have an upgrade coming soon also. While I really like the Razr HD it does not seem to be all that different than the OG Razr I have now. I am thinking of going GSIII just to change it up already. Although I want to take a look at the new HTC Droid DNA that will be announced Tuesday...

I'm in the same boat. My upgrade is due on December 15. I have a maxx now and I can't find anything worth upgrading to. Might wait until Feb or March to see what comes out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

No upgrade due for me but about to ditch the razr regardless. I would go with the S3 if I were you. Unlocked bootloader = crackflash heaven.

Not saying I don't greatly appreciate everything that has been done for our phone but I started with a Original Droid where almost anything was possible.

#5 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Helps to know what you are upgrading from and what your expectations are. Are you a crackflasher? Are you more concerned about build quality? Radio? Spec? Hard to suggest without knowing what you expect from a device to start with :P

#6 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Your upgrade is not due. That's the greatest marketing scheme ever portrayed on the gullible American consumer. Buy a new phone when your existing phone no longer works or won't do what you need it to do.

#7 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Your upgrade is not due. That's the greatest marketing scheme ever portrayed on the gullible American consumer. Buy a new phone when your existing phone no longer works or won't do what you need it to do.

If you have money to spend because a few hundred bucks is insignificant.....you are bored...and want something new....you can "upgrade" like I do. That has nothing in the world to do with me being "gullible" but anyway...we are getting off topic.

#8 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Helps to know what you are upgrading from and what your expectations are. Are you a crackflasher? Are you more concerned about build quality? Radio? Spec? Hard to suggest without knowing what you expect from a device to start with :P

As posted in the poll "Need a solid phone, but I like to flash, theme and O/C" and I am coming off a Droid Rzr.

Thanks!

#9 team420

team420

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

The possibilities are endless with the SGS3, Full control over your device. With that being said... I personally have had nothing but problems with samsung devices. Sub par build quality, usually leads to poor reception, random restarts, and a whole bunch of other issues, that just bug me. Add to that the fact that you will need to be close to a power outlet to fully use it, and I would have to suggest the razr maxx hd. Superb quality hardware, and rediculous battery life..... Just my $.02 anyway.
  • JJT211 and eek88dj like this

#10 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Samsung i had nothing but trouble with them. The signal is weak and it always shuts itself off ever now and then if they would build a better radio signal be an ok phone. The battery life is awful like said above have a battery charger with you.

#11 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'm patiently waiting for weds to pick up my note 2, I was one of the ppl originally screwed by Verizon and Motorola, 300 for razr, and month later to have max out. On top off all that note they want to take our data away, there for, it's your phone and you'll be the one using it everyday, I would goto the store in your mall and play with all the phones, see which one suites you.

Each person is different, to each his own

#12 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

none of the above. Neither are worth upgrading to IMO. Droid DNA, mabye, we'll see. Love my razr still.

#13 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I know this isnt in your poll but I would get the DNA. ITs actually a pretty nice phone. If not that then the Razr HD or SIII.

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

My new DNA is coming today.... Just a note on the GS3. I just bought one for my step daughter. I played with it a bit when setting it up. While it's a nice phone I gotta say the hardware home button drove me nuts. After so may years of just touching the home button it is a pain to try and push an actual button to get home. I'm sure you get used to it but I found it difficult to push without stopping and changing my grip. None for me thanks...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Depending where I go for my job in a few months I will probably get the DNA as well. Share with us how you like it once you get it!

#16 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I think S3 is old now lol. New phones are out or coming out soon. I'm interested in the DNA especially since they uncocked the boot. Biggest challenge is battery life since I have an OG Maxx

#17 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I decided to get maxx HD. Great phone with off the hook battery life which is the most important thing for me. I am going to return for the DNA and try that for 1 day when I go to the auto auction Wednesday. Thats the ultimate test for me. I hammer the phone for hours scanning VIN numbers and running car faxes. The maxx was at 75% when i was done and my old RAZR would get me to about 11:00 on a full charge. That's not good for me. I am there from 8:00 to 2:00 and need a charged phone. If the DNA makes it, I will keep it. This is my final test. I will let ya know how it goes!

#18 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Unless you turn down the brightness to bottom, and pray you make past 11am with the dna

#19 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Unless you turn down the brightness to bottom, and pray you make past 11am with the dna

People are getting different battery results based on their usage. Some are heavy and have to charged it during three day and others are moderate and can last them all day. If only the DNA a maxx battery and external card, then it'll be the monster

#20 mina.girgis

mina.girgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

i am getting the note 2 soon =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users