Photo

App Backup That Doesn't Mess The System?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rento

Rento

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I don't know how to explain this, but is there an app out there that doesn't take the installed apps for the backup, but instead just takes note of what apps you have installed and where they were installed from and then can install whichever apps you chose?

To explain exactly what im looking for, I want an app that will take note of what apps I have installed and tell me if they were installed via google play or from a thirdparty location. I would then be able to check which apps I want to re-install and just hit download. Done.

I rarely flash roms and updates because I like to start from a fresh and clean slate. However, I cannot fully be satisfied with a flash until I daily it for a few days to see if it can be my new main rom, for me to do that, I need all my apps on there.

I don't like apps like titanium backup as it saves all the data files, bloat and such, maybe i'm using it wrong.

#2 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

With Titanium, you can just reinstall the app, not data....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#3 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Titanium Backup will let you pick and choose the apps you want. If you are restoring or backing up you can use the batch option. If backing up, and you want to just back up user apps, select batch, then press on the run button for "backup all user apps". A window will open and all apps will be checked by default. Just uncheck the apps you don't want backed up. Restoring is pretty much the same. Choose "restore all apps with data". In the window that opens you can restore them all or select just the ones you want. Also, at the top of the window you can choose to restore apps only. Apps plus data is the default so if you don't want the data, you'd have to make sure you look at that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users