• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I have had the HD Maxx all of a solid 24 hours now.

Coming from the S3 I am pretty impressed with everything except the camera.

Reception is definitely better. Battery is better. GPS is awesome. Colors are as good, all but whites are extremely impressive.

I was afraid I was going to miss the extra GB of RAM, but I have yet to find any situation where it was missed. Maybe way down the line it will come into play with updates.

Only thing I find conflict with is the size of the softkey bar at the bottom of the screen and of course the locked bootloader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#2 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I just got the Maxx HD as well and I love it. Very responsive and I gave it a full charge the first day and it lasted extremely long. See picture. It's a great phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#3 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

I actually bought a HD on ebay after selling my S3 cant wait to see this thing in action.

#4 eck79

eck79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:eck79

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm extremely conflicted. I went from a Droid X to a Bionic and my upgrade comes due next week. I was 99% sure the RAZR MAXX HD was the phone for me simply because I really like Moto's phones and the battery life. Now, I just don't know if I want to invest in a device that is already outdated compared with the competition. I have 0 desire to leave VZW so a Nexus 4 is out of the question. But I'm considering an S3 or maybe something else.

Are any of you worried about lack of development work on this phone or the dual core/1 GB spec's being an issue for post-4.2 OS upgrades?

#5 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

If you live in an area with strong 4G the S3 probably would be the phone you are looking for. If not stick with Moto.

#6 eck79

eck79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

If you live in an area with strong 4G the S3 probably would be the phone you are looking for. If not stick with Moto.

Why do you say that? I do have strong 4G coverage but I still lean toward Motorola. I take a lot of pics of my kids but my bionic camera isn't great and as long as the RAZR hd isn't worse I'm good there. It's really the dev side and longevity of the phone I'm concerned about. I'm just trying to figure out how important it is to me.

#7 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Galaxy S3 will have more dev support, no doubt about that. Just look at the shear number of S3s sold. Well over 30 million.

I am still really enjoying my Maxx HD but it is purely because it gets better service.

#8 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

The S3 sucks in fringe areas and that is,unfortunately where I live.

#9 eck79

eck79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

I put in my request for an upgrade to the MAXX HD yesterday. Ultimately battery life was the decision maker. It'll just make life so much easier when I'm travelling and at conferences and such. Can't wait to get it!

And honestly, I've been running stock ICS on my Bionic since it was release and its actually been really good. I think being on the Bionic has weened me off of the crackflasher wagon. Plus I have a Nexus 7 that I can satisfy my need to ROM.

I'll post some thoughts once I get my hands on it. Thanks for the help in making my decision.

#10 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Another phone you might consider is the HTC DNA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 eck79

eck79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

The other thing that keeps me away from HTC/Samsung is the physical nav keys. I like having on-screen keys on my N7 and think it'll also be good on the phone. Seems like that's the future and may hinder the S3/DNA with little things like the Google Now shortcut for the on-screen keys.

Good thought, though, on the DNA. Looks to be a great phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users