#1 JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Alabama

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

As the topic says, lets see what you boys are getting. I'm loving this damn phone.

Attached Files

#2 JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Alabama

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

As the topic says, lets see what you boys are getting. I'm loving this damn phone.

I'm running the jellybean leak, new nexus camera and it's rooted of course. Nothing else has been done to the device.

#3 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Dang dude. Do you like do nothing with your phone! LOL I'm just happy to get a day out of mine. But that usually doesn't happen. I constantly use mine.

#4 LESLIE

LESLIE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Hi guys, i just got my razr maxx HD. Just wanna know what you think of my battery performance, since i just feel like it should've been better than this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Running stock 4.1.2 ota 9.18.29 rooted with motochopper. Here's a screenshot of BBS.

Posted Image

Its just weird that my razr seems cannot get into deep sleep because of wifi running most of the time. Still cannot identify the culprit causing the wifi always running. Any comments are greatly appreciated guys...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#5 LESLIE

LESLIE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Oups, forgot to post screen time...
Here you go...

Posted Image

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

There is an option in the WiFi menu to allow apps to automatically turn on WiFi.... unchecking that should help :)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 LESLIE

LESLIE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thx john, i've already checked all settings. Here's some screenshots of the settings..

3anutege.jpg yja2yneb.jpg e2yzy2um.jpg unu2aba8.jpg

Any other suggestion? Maybe i missed other setting?

#8 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

There is another setting (I just can't remember exactly where it is) that allows WiFi to automatically turn on..... I'll look for it and let you know :)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#9 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Here's mine. First day usage on a new rom. Haven't really checked it lately since the rom had time to settle in.

Sent from my Ultra Maxx HD running Team OSE Rom

Attached Files

#10 LESLIE

LESLIE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

i found out the culprit !

the wifi running is caused by active smart action that use location service, so i turn off smart action and solve the wifi problem

will monitor battertstats again today...

#11 LESLIE

LESLIE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

so after benchmarking battery with various tools i found out that :
1. the OS is really affecting battery life. i downgraded my OTA 9.18.79 to stock 9.16.6 which seems to be more stable imo. As far as the app, they run just as smooth and snappy as 9.18.79. No visible performance difference. DONT FORGET! to root and install Titanium Backup to freeze Updater.apk after downgrade or you will keep receiving update notification from Verizon. (You can also force stop Updater in Setting -> App if you dont want to be rooted)
2. the carrier simcard also affecting battery life. I used several sims including GSMs and found out that older SIMs (1x not EVDO) seems to make the RAZR MAXX HD warmer thus draining battery more than newer version SIMs (EVDO).
3. Location service doesnt affect battery life significantly. I ended up turned on the feature all day long.
4. Turning on Wifi while there's no wifi connection also doesnt affect battery life. I benchmarked battery life while using mobile data for connection with wifi turned on all the time. Reception in my location ranges from -61 dbm to -85 dbm. Blue 3G logo is displayed on the status bar all the time except when receiving calls or texting.
5. Smartaction can affect battery life depending on your trigger actions. if you use location service as your trigger action, the app will trigger location service all the time not allowing RAZR into deep sleep. So be smart setting up your trigger action.

i will post my battery life screenshot after taking those above factors. My RAZR MAXX HD is running stock 9.16.6 WITHOUT any mod, except root (and TitBack) to freeze Updater.
Good luck tuning up your RAZR MAXX HD. I luv this device for its unbeatable performance and sleek design. Battery life, nice display, fast processor, big ram, big storage, whats not to love ? the camera sucks i can give you that, but i rarely use camera on my phone. I'm a photographer by trade by the way biggrin.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   100.67KB   12 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   78.05KB   12 downloads

#12 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Pretty good stats for stock. You can also use titanium backup too freeze a lot more stuff you Dont really need. I got a whole list of not needed. Also stock calendar and calendar storage wakes up your phone thousands of times a day. Try freezing them and using "acalendar"

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users