4 replies to this topic

#1 gregspruce

gregspruce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Is anybody else having an issue where the boot sound plays regardless of the ringer volume on shutdown?

#2 RangeOfficer452

RangeOfficer452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

They all do that, always have. At least on all the Droid's I've owned. (OG Droid, X, Droid W, Bionic, RAZR, RAZR HD Maxx)

#3 gregspruce

gregspruce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Usually, having the phone in silent/vibrate mode when you turn it off works. (verified on OG Droid, Incredible, Bionic, OG Razr, and SOMETIMES on the maxx hd)

#4 RangeOfficer452

RangeOfficer452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

nope I can honestly say it has absolutely nothing to do with the booting up volume. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe when the phone is booting up it has its own sound/volume that can't be changed unless you manually go in and delete/change files. hence there are some ROMs that have extremely loud music or sounds that play and you cannot change that unless you delete the file.

#5 gregspruce

gregspruce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Guarantee it does for the majority of moto's droid line double-extra certain for the OG droid and Bionic, I'll correct you where you're wrong sorry, sounded like a jerk. Got it fixed on my Maxx HD, doing a hard reboot (pwr and vol-) ignores your volume settings and plays the sound. When the phone is turned off normally (holding down pwr, selecting power off) and turned back on normally, it suppresses the sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users