• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:mmw68666
  • Google+:mmw68666
  • Locationnebraska
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy note 3, motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

anybody know what happened to this rom? where can we find it?
  • mmw68666 likes this

Loving my motorola razr maxx

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Noticed it said the ROM was under review and thread was locked. No further info given and thread is now gone so I can only assume the ROM broke some rule.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
  • mmw68666 likes this

#3 mmw68666

mmw68666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:mmw68666
  • Google+:mmw68666
  • Locationnebraska
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy note 3, motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

thank you

Loving my motorola razr maxx

#4 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

thank you

the Dev copied a large chunk of nitros work from eclipse without asking or credit

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#5 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

the Dev copied a large chunk of nitros work from eclipse without asking or credit
Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Allegedly. In all fairness to both parties, I hope everything gets resolved. I'm not trying to defend him, it was just nice to see another dev jumping in. I've run both ROMs; I'm on Eclipse 1.5.1 now & tried Bionix before the current situation. Seemed OK, I'm just not an xperia fan. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

An ultimate decision on this rom will be made today. In the mean time, this forum is only for devs to post their roms to development, support and download. I'm gonna move this thread out of here for now into the general forum. But it's not forgotten.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

An ultimate decision on this rom will be made today. In the mean time, this forum is only for devs to post their roms to development, support and download. I'm gonna move this thread out of here for now into the general forum. But it's not forgotten.

Thanks for the update, Tucs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#8 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationGloucester, VA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

what did you guys decide

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

what did you guys decide

Ok folks. Based on the evidence that was presented to us by Nitroglycerin it is apparent that there was some uncredited work used. Now before we go into a discussion about how this is Android, and its open sourced and so on and so on I will say this. The parts of the rom that were used that are of Nitros concern is java the he wrote himself from scratch and never released the source code for. So this is not an issue of Android code or "Open Source"

The staff doesn't want to be bullies to the devs or make decisions for anyone, and our ultimate goal is to get things settled between the parties within the matter so that this rom can be re-released. The thread is not gone or deleted, everything is in its place where it was when it was moved.

So the status of this situation is this: We are offering to mediate a compromise between Nitro and rgocal so that the rom can be put back in it's place or rgocal can release a different rom if he chooses to. Sadly, at this point, we haven't heard much of a response from rgocal so until he let's us know what the deal is, it is the forums position to not allow the posting of roms using other people work without their permission or credit. So as far as the staff and the site are concerned, the ball is in his court.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#10 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationGloucester, VA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ok folks. Based on the evidence that was presented to us by Nitroglycerin it is apparent that there was some uncredited work used. Now before we go into a discussion about how this is Android, and its open sourced and so on and so on I will say this. The parts of the rom that were used that are of Nitros concern is java the he wrote himself from scratch and never released the source code for. So this is not an issue of Android code or "Open Source"

The staff doesn't want to be bullies to the devs or make decisions for anyone, and our ultimate goal is to get things settled between the parties within the matter so that this rom can be re-released. The thread is not gone or deleted, everything is in its place where it was when it was moved.

So the status of this situation is this: We are offering to mediate a compromise between Nitro and rgocal so that the rom can be put back in it's place or rgocal can release a different rom if he chooses to. Sadly, at this point, we haven't heard much of a response from rgocal so until he let's us know what the deal is, it is the forums position to not allow the posting of roms using other people work without their permission or credit. So as far as the staff and the site are concerned, the ball is in his court.

nice response, hope it all gets worked out but it appears doubtful.

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

nice response, hope it all gets worked out but it appears doubtful.

I do too, but like I said. Based on the forum rules, the rom can't stay as is. However, we are doing whatever we can to mediate the process and we too hope it can all pan out. A lot goes on behind the scenes here that many (myself included in the past) have no idea about.

#12 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Well hope rgocal gets back to yall....LOVED the ROM!

Is it as simple as just giving the dude credit? Or is the other dev not giving him permission?

#13 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

It is with great regret that I come to you to tell you that this rom will no longer be available on Droidrzr.com. The developer was accused of blatantly stealing (kanging) from another developer. The accuser, had solid proof including screen shots of the things that were stolen. He requested that rgocal remove the files and even went as far to say that he would assist rgocal in obtaining the source files needed to make it his own rom. Rgocal refused to comply with any of these requests and refused to show any proof that he had not kanged the rom. Instead, he proceeded to throw mud in our faces, the developers face, and not actually help his own case. He had been given plenty of time to help himself and the entire situation but in the end made the decision that he was not going to change the rom. We at Droidrzr.com cannot nor will not condone stealing from other devs. Most if not all devs require that credit be given or permission be asked before using a part of their rom. rgocal refused to follow these rules.

I myself tried giving him the opportunity to resolve this in many different ways. as you can all see here

Sent Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Rgocal

hey man i need as fast as possible the proof that you didnt kang. i need to know where you got your stuffage from and some sort of proof that you made it.

we need to get this resolved. asap .. or we are going to have to make some tough decisions and ulitmately this is hurting the members...

so please help me out and let me get this fixed ."

alright, il see if i can find the galaxy s3 mod xda guide i used. I just shunned this whole thing.

Sent Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Heres the tuturial i used to help myself port aosp using aosp/cm9 source for the lockscreen.
I didnt use the code but it helped me base my self having an idea what i wanted. Il actually probably use this in Nx 2.0 as a feature

The toggles weren't anything hard at all. Simple xml and ID swaps from what i forked from cm9s github while i was working on the spectrum project on github with Death2all and the othee devs

Sent Yesterday, 10:56 PM
problem i have with this is. .ive tried this a few times. i made identical text files 6 times. the all said "I am VantenKiest" however non of them had the same MD5s.. you know i know nothing of development however i do know that even if you make the same file. it wont have the same md5.

so here are options and some are rather harsh but it needs to be dealt with.

evidence is currently stacked high against you. ive been in the situation myself...

1 best scenario admit you used the stuff and work with nitro to make it different. (do this till you find a way to prove your rom in the first place) This pacifies the issue and keeps you in the green using some excuse even to the public like you got the info from a different source that may have kanged nitro.. what ever.

2 rewrite the rom. simple really dont have to admit anything.

3 $#!+tiest option. banning.

4 leave the site an take it with him i guess the same as ban but what ever

5 find a way to prove md5 from your original work. and I personally will try to work with that with nitro ddx thach and tucs..

these are the current options but one must be picked by monday night. i cant have these kind of things stifling the members. as they must as always come first in this family.

Sent Today, 08:00 AM
i am currently rewriting everything to be even better than it is and provide more features in an upcoming update.

Um thats really reaaly poopty options for this situation so il make it easy and just leave because all i did in the first place is leave a link to the rom to share with the community (i never used this site prior) and members said i should stick around to help out so i did but otherwise it went down hill.

Il be the responsible one and just say see yah to the site and leave nitro hanging. Its not worth all this. Im not mad or anything but really not worth my time :) Multiple community members have backed me up, even followers of nitro have dumped him for me so the site can decide. Il be out n about if yah need me

sent from my Droid Razr running Bionx Nx

End of the private messages..beginning of discussion in Dev Relations:

Responsible thing would be to work with nitro.. pick a honorable option and continue supporting eachother and the members.
that being said
i wish you luck elsewhere.

Now all this would have been well and good however it didnt stop.

android is ruined with this behavior.

Il be sticking with my guns, and deleting my profile and content tonight and developing over at phandroid where we appreciate each other.

Any other comments can be emailed to me at rgocal09@gmail.com

I will not be rwturning to this thread because this is unnaceptable behavior! I am a moderator at android tablet forums, I am a dedicated android supported at xda and other android sites and a guide and developer at phandroid. such responsibilities known to have i am aware of and frankly this behavior id unbelievable. a problem that should of been resolved in an hour took a weeks time. Kang is a term used in AOKP meaning open sourced so your terms of vocabulary and verbal use of content and behavior is below my standards.

If you want ur 10 bucks back for the adapter i recieved with the contest earlier, feel free to ask for it back droidrzr. com

I was mistaken sadly

Goodbye

if any of you know me have had issues and have come to me you know i am the most fair person around. i will work with you till the end and if i feel that you are in the right doing what ever you are doing. i will help you prove your case.

if i give you the chances if i try to help you understand whats going on. if i give you options. at least work with me.. I am sorry. this is not one of the times i was allowed to help. therefore i can say that this is most likely due to the fact that he wasnt in the right.

Nitro has provided MD5s of his files that matched what was in bionx I have tried to discredit that proof. however i failed.. and there are screen shots and so much other evidence that the right thing to do would be take the blame till you can either 1 create the evidence to shwo or find the evidence. from here work with the other dev to come to a solution. saying its not worth the time is like saying the members dont matter.

due to his harsh and unwavering stance and some outright aggressions against the staff trying to help him, he has been banned. not just for the kang issue but due to the fact that he has decided to go against the staff and the site itself when we were trying to RESOLVE the issue.

if any of you have questions concerns or even opinions please come to me VantenKiest. I will be more than happy to listen to your issues. but the final decision has been made.

if you want to see the proof that I know is undeniable i will show you .

Rgocal is a talented dev. it takes some work even if he didnt make all this himself it takes a considerable amount of skill to toss things together and make sure they work nicely. bug free and smooth. I would like to make this clear. my opinion of his skill and talent is great.
however some things could have been done a bit differently.

its sad to see him in this situation but let this be a lesson to those.

if you use someones work without giving credit when you know they have not released it as open. at least admit and work with the dev to try and come to a solution. there is no shame in using someone elses work. more so when you know its good. however please do the honest thing and at least admit..

Edited by tucstwo, 18 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.
added quotes to make this readable :-P

• andlaw likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#14 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

And this months to figure out??? Geeez.....

#15 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

took months to get him to respond with an answer. nitro had proof pretty fast. rgocal kept beating around the bush.
takes time when you try to give the benefit of the doubt. and give chances to prove yourself.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#16 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would hardly call Nov 10th "months". Nitro was only pointed out about the stolen work just over a week ago. We gave him a week to make his case. All he did was point fingers, make excuses and lie.

#17 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

This was an attempt to handle things in a mature , closed group atmosphere. He was given many options ;choices to take. Basically he kept avoiding us and stringing us along. What it came down to is he was caught in a lie. To me that is the worst thing IMO. We where able to look past that and let him make a few edits and rerelease his ROM. Again no compliance. Furthermore his complete lack of respect and disregard to a solution, unanimously decided the end result. We hoped that this situation would not come to this but it did. We apologize for the time taken for a decision and wish the dev all the best.

DirtyDroidX

#18 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

For what it's worth I feel that this situation was handled both appropriately and professionally by the staff of this site. It is too bad with all the resources available on this site that were offered to help correct this that the decision was made to be desrespectful to the staff and members of this forum.
  • DemoManMLS likes this

#19 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

For what it's worth I feel that this situation was handled both appropriately and professionally by the staff of this site. It is too bad with all the resources available on this site that were offered to help correct this that the decision was made to be desrespectful to the staff and members of this forum.

thank you Deejay i try to be fair and just to everyone and always hear out all sides of the situation. working with members and staff can be difficult at times but I will always look out for the greater good of this community.
  • deejay1111 likes this

#20 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

It's a bummer on how all of this played out. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users