JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

I have found a fix for the twc live tv issue here ya go
I have found the fix for this, for both phones and tablets.

1) Go to apps and find twc app if you have installed it and force close and delete data then uninstall it.

2) Go to the market and install the app called file explorer you have to get the paid app because you will need to be able to set permissions with this.

3) Open the files explorer and scroll down to system then app look up and make sure the tap at the top is set to “ro” now you will find the superuser.apk and click on it to rename it to read “su.apk” note: I have been using superSU for superuser don’t know if this makes a difference or not. Anyhoo after you have changed the name to su.apk

4) Scroll up to the top where it says parent folder press it and look down and see the build.prop note: make sure the top tab says mount r/o press build prop and scroll down until you see ro.build.tags= (cant remember what all was here but delete it all) all you want this line to read is ro.build.tags= nothing else (WHEN YOU OPEN THIS HOLD YOUR FINGER DOWN AND OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR MODE) that way you can delete what you need.

5) Back out of all of this and close the root explorer and reboot your device.

6) After rebooting go to settings then developer options and uncheck usb debugging.

7) Go to market and re download twc app and open sign in and wow you have live TV on your rooted phone! Or tablet…. Yaaaaaaa we win. Our money our device our rules! F em ….

One other note here this works for gingerbread and ice cream sandwich rooted devices I have not tried this with jelly bean yet.

#2 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

nice write up bill :D
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#3 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

nice write up bill :D

thanks I tried.. I'm going to change my color one of these days....... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users