Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

UPDATE (11/18 4:30 Israel Time): Missile count is now 544 hit Israel + 302 Iron Dome interceptions = 846 Total fired from Gaza

Hey DroidRZR Family,

Firstly I would like to say how impressed I have been with this community. There have been a few controversial posts written on droidrzr.com and they have all been handled respectfully and under control. This is an aspect of DroidRZR which shows that we are so much more than another android forum and it is truly amazing how mature all the members of DR are :)

With that said, I would like to raise an issue that is dear to me:

I am currently studying abroad in Israel for the year. My school is in a place called Ramat Beit Shemesh (about 40 minutes away from Jerusalem). My school, along with most schools in Israel is on lockdown because there is a major security issue at the moment. Over the past 3 days,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, a group labeled as a terrorist organization by the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Israel, and many others, has fired 737 rockets from Gaza into Israel. 245 of them were intercepted by the

but that still leaves 492 rockets that hit Israel. Most of the rockets are short-range missiles, and every time a short range missile is fired, citizens have 15-30 SECONDS to get to a bomb shelter before the missile hits. Hamas also has more advanced rockets which puts many more people at risk. Hamas has obtained

missiles which put over 3.5 million people within range (That is the population size of Los Angeles). Ben Gurion International Airport, in Tel Aviv is SHUT DOWN because they are in range of the rockets coming out of Gaza. Tens of thousands of reservists are being drafted because Israel needs all the help they can get to defend themselves. Rockets were fired at Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, two major international cities. To make matters worse,

has unleashed an

on Israel saying that the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) is truly at fault.

The main reason I am posting this on DR is to spread the word. The american media barely reports on this kind of stuff and when they do they usually brush it off and it almost NEVER makes the front page. This is a serious issue and I appreciate the support Barak Obama has given the IDF. But it is still important to understand exactly what is going on. Hamas spreads propaganda about Israel and the IDF that is simply not true and I want the world to know the truth.

So what can YOU do to help? Do the same thing that I am doing and spread the word! Follow the

to stay up to date on the latest news. Spread the pictures below on Facebook (Or Google+ if you use it for anything other than hangouts :P )

Tell your friends and families!! This is a very pressing matter and all I want to do is help. The only way I can help at the moment is by spreading the word so I am reaching to each and every one of you in the DroidRZR community to raise awareness!!! It is not right that innocent civilians have to suffer from hundreds of missiles being fired at them for no reason and it has to stop. The more people know about what is really going on, the sooner it will stop!

PLEASE LIKE THIS POST AND SPREAD THE WORD HOWEVER YOU CAN!!!! ISRAEL NEEDS YOU AND SO DO I!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#2 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Tweeted, Facebooked and told the family to also. This should definitely be reported more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#3 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Bottom line is they have been fighting for thousands of years and there will never be peace in that part of the world. Alex, keep your head down and stay safe over there.
  • Thach, leviwg and livinginkaos like this
Posted Image

#4 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Thanks guys I truly appreciate it that you care about this part of the world :)

Posted Image

#5 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Anonymous has proven once more it's a hypocrite organisation - Curse them.
The Palywood propaganda machinery appeals to the weakest parts of our minds, I wish more people could see through it.

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#6 unbesorgt

unbesorgt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationQwghlm
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I agree with this. And Anonymous can go to hell for their hypocrisy. The West Bank settlements are illegal and wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right.

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Man u gotta get out of there. I've had plenty of friends who have chosen to study abroad but normally they choose Paris or London or anywhere missile launches don't take place on a daily basis. Mind your surroundings. son. This doesn't sound like such a great situation to find yourself in the middle of. Lot's of luck to you man.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#8 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Thanks but at the moment I feel pretty safe. The missiles take a bit longer to hit Beit Shemesh so when the siren sounds I have 90 seconds to get to a bomb shelter which my school has right next to the library. It still is unsafe but I'm not too concerned about myself. Who I am concerned about are the people in neighborhoods such as Sderot who get multiple rockets every hour and only have 15 seconds to take cover. They started having school classes and living in the bomb shelters because there really is no choice! Its a terrible thing and I truly appreciate all your concerns

Posted Image

#9 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

The West Bank settlements are illegal and wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I disagree with this. Egypt, Jordan, and Syria launched a war against Israel in '67. Israel kicked their gluteus maximus and grabbed some land to create a buffer zone to protect their citizens. When Egypt entered into a peace agreement with them, Israel gave Egypt's land back. Israel has offered to give up the rest of the occupied land in exchange for peace. Unfortunately, the occupied land isn't as valuable as having a reason to attack Israel every few years.

#10 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

King Howie how about not disrespecting the flag like you do with your profile pic. You know if and when it should be displayed upside down. If not, here it is for you:

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the RIGHT REASONS. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:

THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.
As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

Whether you like or dislike how the country is being run, many people have died defending that flag. Do the right thing.

• Memnoch73 likes this
Posted Image

#11 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Actually, I'm quite aware. Hence...

#12 tailland

tailland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

@

The overall dispute is so long and complicated, the majority of folks don't understand it in its entirety. I wouldn't recommend making this thread a "political" one, that could easily poison the climate here.

@

Easy, mate. King Howie's display of the flag is surely not meant as an insult towards you or anyone, just a display of opinion.

@

Keep your head town while the crazies are doing their thing; other than that, enjoy your time down there.

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#13 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think this is a sensitive topic and the debates will never end. Both sides are pointing fingers at one another. I am a palestian american and i did live in Jerusalem for 5 years then came back to the US. This thread is just pointing fingers to one side of the conflict. Keep in mind the people in Gaza have no bomb shelters nor air raid warnings. That's why the ratio of injuries and deaths is higher on the Palestinians side than the Israelis. Yes the Palestinians fire rockets at the Israeli civilians but at the same time Israel is using F16 planes and way advanced bombs and missiles. Both sides are at fault. No one has the right to attack innocent civilians from any side. We are all humans on this planet have the right to live in peace. The conflicts in that area lasted thousands of years and I think it'll continue on. Both sides need to wake up and realize that they have no choice but to live together other wise hatred will spread from generation to generation and there will be no ending to this conflict. Lets put it this way, if the Israelis and Palestinians can live together in peace in the US so why can't they live in peace in that region? My solution, grab both sides of leaders, put them in a boxing match and let both citizens watch. My advice to you Alex stay safe and have a more open minded to this conflict. Look at the Android communities, it's bringing us all together regardless of what race we are. I'm sure the fightings will end soon. Its always been like that. No one likes war. Peace all :)

#14 tailland

tailland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

if the Israelis and Palestinians can live together in peace in the US so why can't they live in peace in that region?

We all know WHY that is and there's no use in pretending we don't.

#15 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think this is a sensitive topic and the debates will never end. Both sides are pointing fingers at one another. I am a palestian american and i did live in Jerusalem for 5 years then came back to the US. This thread is just pointing fingers to one side of the conflict. Keep in mind the people in Gaza have no bomb shelters nor air raid warnings. That's why the ratio of injuries and deaths is higher on the Palestinians side than the Israelis. Yes the Palestinians fire rockets at the Israeli civilians but at the same time Israel is using F16 planes and way advanced bombs and missiles. Both sides are at fault. No one has the right to attack innocent civilians from any side. We are all humans on this planet have the right to live in peace. The conflicts in that area lasted thousands of years and I think it'll continue on. Both sides need to wake up and realize that they have no choice but to live together other wise hatred will spread from generation to generation and there will be no ending to this conflict. Lets put it this way, if the Israelis and Palestinians can live together in peace in the US so why can't they live in peace in that region? My solution, grab both sides of leaders, put them in a boxing match and let both citizens watch. My advice to you Alex stay safe and have a more open minded to this conflict. Look at the Android communities, it's bringing us all together regardless of what race we are. I'm sure the fightings will end soon. Its always been like that. No one likes war. Peace all

Keep in mind that Israel only has missile and rocket warnings once they are already fired. Citizens in places like Sderot have to live in a bomb shelter because they are in constant threat of rocket fire. You say its a problem that Israel uses F16s but all Israel wants to do is stop Hamas from firing rockets with the least loss of innocent life! If you don't like the F16s Israel can send over a bunch of missiles just like Hamas does at a much lower cost. If they didn't care about civilians they wouldn't spend so much money targeting certain areas that they know contain terrorists and weapons. Also to minimize civilian casualty they are organizing over 100,000 troops instead of sending a bunch of missiles to blow the place up! Clearly they care about the civilians if they are willing to risk the lives of over 100,000 soldiers. I try to stay open minded but the facts point towards Israel being the side who cares more about civilian casualty.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion and although I don't agree with your side I am thankful for your words of concern towards me personally more than you can imagine :) this is what I love about the android community. You can have 2 people who take 2 different sides of a never ending battle and yet still care about each other and for that I thank you :')

Posted Image

#16 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Update on anonymous threat (or lack of :P)

Posted Image

#17 tailland

tailland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

some short insight by an arab christian living in gaza, maybe that helps some people to grasp the basics...

*Sorry, tried to implement it as link, but the editor keeps on embedding it as a video :ß

#18 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

UPDATE: A cease fire was announced. We will see how long that lasts :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users