• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

I know that it is built into jelly bean. I'm wondering if it is a kernel feature or not. Can it be ported onto a 4.0.4 ROM or onto a bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#2 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

taking into consideration that motorola sells a car dock with a special usb/audio combi cable for all sorts of devices, it should work without any porting

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#3 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

taking into consideration that motorola sells a car dock with a special usb/audio combi cable for all sorts of devices, it should work without any porting

this is actually probably not what OP is asking about- this is *analog audio* passed over USB. I think the OP is asking about *digital audio* over USB to external DAC

the later of which is already supported on ICS, bionic already has all the necessary drivers and kernel implementations to support USB DACs, assuming they use generic drivers.

#4 tailland

tailland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Oh wow. I didn't read that from his post. I didn't even know any phone that had this feature.

Edit:
The

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

seems to be almost a year old and nothing happened yet :ß

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#5 reggieb

reggieb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Oh wow. I didn't read that from his post. I didn't even know any phone that had this feature.

Edit:
The

seems to be almost a year old and nothing happened yet :ß

It was implemented:

"AOA 2.0 includes optional support for audio output from an Android device to an accessory. This version of the protocol supports a standard USB audio class interface that is capable of 2 channel 16-bit PCM audio with a bit rate of 44100 Khz. AOA 2.0 is currently limited to this output mode, but additional audio modes may be added in the future.
To enable the audio support, the accessory must send a new USB control request:
**SET_AUDIO_MODE**
requestType: USB_DIR_OUT | USB_TYPE_VENDOR
request: 58
value: 0 for no audio (default),
1 for 2 channel, 16-bit PCM at 44100 KHz
index: 0
data none
"

#6 tailland

tailland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

AOA2 was implemented into Jellybean ("This version of the AOA protocol is supported on Android 4.1 (API Level 16) and higher")
Which either means that Google answered the petition in exactly that way or they ignored it in terms of implementing it into 4.04 (like the petition suggested).

I wonder how hard it is to transfer a single protocol from 4.1 to a lower device or if it is possible at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users