Photo

[DNA MOOT] Do you have Moot in your DNA?

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#61 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

r u guys still rocking stock or have yall jumped into flashing a rom for this bad boy?. me i havent yet i want to try 1 but i cant remember whats the stock kenel is i think i need to be on the original kernel to flash roms rite/.pls correct me if i'm wrong

From what I read you don't have to be back on the stock kernel. You will just have to flash the kernel modules again. I will keep reading up on it and let ya know if I find anything else out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#62 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Word pls let me know I would love to try that ukb Rom maybe even that desense Rom but I kinda like sense

sent from my beastly powered DNA using Tapatalk 2

#63 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Regarding the ukb rom.

Q: Can I use beastmode or cubed kernels with this rom?
Quote:
A: If you can use them with stock, you can use them with this. However, don't forget to reflash the kernel modules if flashing this rom over a setup that already has either installed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#64 Guest_SuchANerdyGirl_*

Guest_SuchANerdyGirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I def. have an interest in this phone. Im trying to get my hands on one. I got the Bionic from my work for free, which has basically been a nightmare. It seems like I got the "bastard" phone, a little too late. Anyhow, I would be happy getting any new phone, but the DNA is especially sexy. I suppose one good thing to come from it is that I found this place!

#65 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

This Site is great for help. The development here are none the less. Thee best! For me though dna isnt for me. I went with note 2, basicly cause its bigger and the Battery lasts 14-16hrs

#66 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

This Site is great for help. The development here are none the less. Thee best! For me though dna isnt for me. I went with note 2, basicly cause its bigger and the Battery lasts 14-16hrs

hmm..i get around that 14hrz w/my dna. i dont like how big the note 2 is i mean if i want a tablet i would get a n7 or something..lol dna was a good upgrade for me coming from a gnex..i will miss the customization and the free will of flashing kernels and etc..

#67 Dave12308

Dave12308

"The Don"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY - 518 Represent!
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X 2014 (AT&T - Biggest MISTAKE! i've EVER made), ASUS Padfone X (Thanks, Kaos!)

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I def. have an interest in this phone. Im trying to get my hands on one. I got the Bionic from my work for free, which has basically been a nightmare. It seems like I got the "bastard" phone, a little too late. Anyhow, I would be happy getting any new phone, but the DNA is especially sexy. I suppose one good thing to come from it is that I found this place!

I'd like to hear how a DROID Bionic running the latest 4.0.4 ICS Operating System is a "nightmare". (HINT: I don't want to hear about Gingerbread, I want to hear about how It is a "nightmare" on ICS).

I am part of the original group from the old DroidHive site who discovered and tested the ICS leaks, and many of us are of the opinion that Motorola's version of ICS that is on the Bionic is one of the nicest stock OSes we've seen come out of ANY manufacturer, and in many ways it beats stock Android 4.0.4 in both stability and speed.

The Bionic is no longer a bastard phone, thanks to Punit Soni from Motorola Mobility.
  • symbiontsoul likes this

#68 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Ya but how many hours you get while netflix n browser. Cause in my razr I got about 2-3hrs tops of nfl mobile. And battery was completely dead. To where now I can watch the football games at work and still be at 70% when I leave. I think my problem is y release a high end phone with crap battery. N no sd card. Just defeats the purpose if you ask me. Yes its a nice looking phone, but not perfect

hmm..i get around that 14hrz w/my dna. i dont like how big the note 2 is i mean if i want a tablet i would get a n7 or something..lol dna was a good upgrade for me coming from a gnex..i will miss the customization and the free will of flashing kernels and etc..

#69 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

You can unlock your DNA for now and wait for s-off

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

#70 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

The battery is not big enough for that screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#71 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

The battery life is amazing

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  • mike_augie and Memnoch73 like this

#72 alinachao

alinachao

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

I'm thinking about it

#73 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm thinking about it

I was too and just made the jump. Same reason as above that the Note 2 is huge compared to the DNA but I wanted bigger than my Razr MAxx. It was hard giving up on battery freedom with Maxx but the DNA won me over. You definitely have to go back to battery management. I love the wireless charging. I use Automatelt to switch data off when screen off and on when screen on. It is fast so no waiting for data the moment its on. This saves a lot of battery waste. Plus I make sure to get on wifi at home and work and off of battery sucking LTE. I will buy a backup battery torch for when traveling so I don't have to compete for plugs in airports. As I said, battery management. The phone is very fast, beautiful and just the right size. Not planning on rooting since I am a recovering root aholic and I like it the way it is. You can disable bloat and Sense is very nice on this phone. Just my two cents.

#74 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Getting mine today.... Unlocked and rooted by tonight probably.... Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Memnoch73 likes this

#75 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I've actually been quite pleased with the battery life on the DNA. Overall it really is a great device! IMO you'll be happy with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Memnoch73 likes this

#76 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have the DNA, I have had it for close to a month now. I love everything about it, and it's the baddest phone ever. Stock it pulled down over 2000 points higher than the Note 2 on quadrant, Anyhow, mine has an unlocked boot loader, custom kernel, and ROM. So, if anyone needs help with this phone, let me know.

#77 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm am buying one this afternoon for $400.00 from a lady ..She says it has a clean esn..so I should be able to just install my sim card and should be fine. Right? she said she is selling because she just got a Samsung note 2 for mothers day..

I think that's a good deal :) fingers crossed..

Met with the lady around 6:30pm

I shut the phone down put in my sim card rebooted with no problems. loving this phone!

Now I just need to be patient until there is a way to unlock the  bootloader,and get this rooted

Edited by TweakedSystems, 13 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

#78 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm am buying one this afternoon for $400.00 from a lady ..She says it has a clean esn..so I should be able to just install my sim card and should be fine. Right? she said she is selling because she just got a Samsung note 2 for mothers day..

I think that's a good deal :) fingers crossed..

Yeah you should be fine as long as your current phone is fairly new and has the smaller size Sim.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#79 symbiontsoul

symbiontsoul

Mini Memnoch :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Mine arrived today..WOOT!

#80 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm a gettin' one !!

• Memnoch73 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users