1554 replies to this topic

#1461 Ungo

Ungo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Okay. After many hours of frustration, confusion, and screwing up my phone several times, I figured out how to fix the My Verizon 300 error. Here is what I did for anyone else that may have ran into problems.

Before you install the ROM, run the My Verizon app on stock. I don't think the version matters, I used .173. I was also rooted already when I ran My Verizon. When you are prompted for your username and PW, put it in and let it run and make sure the App is running like its supposed to. After you do that, use Titanium Backup and backup the following files:

SSOPermission 1.0
Verizon SSO Engine
My Verizon Mobile

Install the Abysm ROM and update it to the current verison. After everything is installed just run Titanium Backup and Restore all 3 of the files you backed up, and it should run like normal.

If you already have the ROM installed and don't feel like reflashing everything, I'd try just pulling those three .apk's from a stock rom and installing them to your current ROM. I can't see why it wouldn't work, or see it messing anything serious up, but I'm not a Developer or an experienced user quite yet...So someone with more expertise would have to chime in on that.

If I remember correctly the fix DT put up had two out of the three above files in it, and was just missing one (I'm at work so I can't check what was missing).

#1462 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

Has running 4g all day. Still 30% left. Multiple text messaging. About an hour talk time. Push notifications on email, Facebook and friend caster. Downloaded a few files, themes. Web browsing. Display at about 75%. Nice. Guess I don't need a charger at work

Typed from my sick ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ABYSM themed out with ORANGE KRUSH with a twist of BIGDX BIONIC ORANGE ICON PACK and a SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1330488957777.png

#1463 CreepyE

CreepyE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

anyone having problems with wifi tethering? i dl'ed the extreme debloated version if that makes a diff. i cant get anything to connect

#1464 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Alright i got a question im sure has been answered, but basically its coming to me in riddles...

Im on the new update, .173... im liking the look of this rom an was wanting to flash it, but from what ive learned, i have to downgrade my phone to be able to do so... is there any way to flash this rom without downgrading?

Any help will be much appreciated... thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#1465 Ungo

Ungo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Alright i got a question im sure has been answered, but basically its coming to me in riddles...

Im on the new update, .173... im liking the look of this rom an was wanting to flash it, but from what ive learned, i have to downgrade my phone to be able to do so... is there any way to flash this rom without downgrading?

Any help will be much appreciated... thanks!

You don't have to downgrade to flash this rom. You can flash it over .173 and it works fine.

The only issue is bluetooth won't work on .173. So if you MUST have bluetooth right now, and don't want to wait for an update, then downgrade to .748, flash it, and don't download the .173 update.

#1466 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I use bt very rarely so it should work... if i need anything from my phone to my girls i just copy it to the computer first...

Thanks for the info...

#1467 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Any chance of a theme for the 1.1 thats set up like the abysmal theme thats in the works... im sure a lot of ppl would enjoy a font thats different...

#1468 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Any chance of a theme for the 1.1 thats set up like the abysmal theme thats in the works... im sure a lot of ppl would enjoy a font thats different...

What do you mean by "the Abysmal theme that's in the works"?

#1469 jaba

jaba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

1st flash of this ROM on a brand new rooted Maxx.

Everything is working fantastically except in Smart Actions, when I try to do a location trigger, I get "No meaningful locations to display". Somewhere else I saw that I needed to download the sociallocation.apk and move it to system/app. I did that and rebooted and still getting the "No meaningful locations" issue.
Anyone have any ideas?

#1470 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Technoviking has a post in the themes section about a theme he's workin on called abysmal... I'm likin the font in it but not big on just all black and white...

#1471 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ok, I hear ya now. Go find yourself a font you like and I can show you how to get it going on your phone. A good place to start could be

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1472 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

I like the raging red lotus font...

Sent from my DROID RAZR on Abysm 1.1 rockin the Red Rocket...

#1473 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

I like the raging red lotus font...

Here you go.

Just flash it in bootstrap like a rom or theme.

Here's a link to go back to stock font if you don't like that one as well.

#1474 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Can it only be flashed in bootstrap?

#1475 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Can it only be flashed in bootstrap?

What would you rather?

#1476 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

Alright I noticed the soft keys (home,menu,search,back) were having issues after using titanium backup (atleast thats what was said earlier in the thread). Has anybody figured out a fix or anyway around this?

Other than not using Titanium Backup of course

#1477 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

I usually use safestrap to flash the rom and themes, but wasn't sure if i could with the font..

What issue are you having with the soft keys? The only issue i had was with the home key not working. I cleared everything an reflashed the rom an went thru the whole process again and its all fine now...

#1478 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

I usually use safestrap to flash the rom and themes, but wasn't sure if i could with the font..

What issue are you having with the soft keys? The only issue i had was with the home key not working. I cleared everything an reflashed the rom an went thru the whole process again and its all fine now...

I have no idea if it will work with safestrap or not. I have never used it. Sorry.

#1479 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

I have no idea if it will work with safestrap or not. I have never used it. Sorry.

All I use is SS, my experience..... no problemos

Typed from my sick ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ABYSM themed out with ORANGE KRUSH with a twist of BIGDX BIONIC ORANGE ICON PACK and a SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#1480 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

All I use is SS, my experience..... no problemos

That's good to know.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)