3 replies to this topic

#1 dire

dire

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm having a problem connecting my device to a computer as Mass Storage. It was working fine for a while until it got unintentionally unplugged while I was connected via ADB as root. The device will connect fine as a Media Device (MTP), but when Mass Storage is selected the drive letter comes up but is greyed out (how it looks when you have a corrupted usb key). Prior to the problem you would get the internal sdcard partition. I'm also having a problem with Samba Fileshareing bombing out temporarily before enabling wifi sharing, but if I click "wait" on error screen Samba finally starts sharing. None of this behavior was present while the mass storage was connecting properly.

I have no external SD Card installed, I'm rooted, I've applied the 6MB OTA update and have all the latest moto drivers on my computer.

I tried fixing this problem by first doing a factory reset (no luck) then I fastbooted back to the stock image and reapplied everything. None of that fixed the issue.

I think the device is having a hard time unmounting the internal sd card partition? I'm not sure what's going on and I've searched to the end of Google. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

#2 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

check your cable?

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Have you tried clearing the temp files etc on your PC?.... either windows "disk cleanup" or your favorite cleanup utility e.g. Norton, webroot, system mechanic, etc...... just like clearing the cache and dalvik cache on your phone.... the temp files etc on your computer may hold the "key" to the PC not recognizing the sdcard.... its worth giving a try :)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Also... if you have a sdcard slot on your pc, put your sdcard in and see if it reads it...... if not, then you have corrupted your sdcard and it will need to be either reformatted or worst case scenario replaced

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users