• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Now im new to rooting and I bricked my last razr and i'm afraid to root this one with out learning more, so whats a cheap phone that is similar to the expensive razr that I can practice on? should be another motorola phone?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Now im new to rooting and I bricked my last razr and i'm afraid to root this one with out learning more, so whats a cheap phone that is similar to the expensive razr that I can practice on? should be another motorola phone?

Bricking/bootlooping really isn't an issue. You can use the fastboot files to restore it to stock any time you want. Matt has a guide posted somewhere around here for it. The only problem you might run into is missing a call once you are addicted to flashing.

#3 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

when i bricked the first razr it wasnt in a boot loop it didnt show any signs of life at all i tryed everything to fix it but this way. So you are saying just root my razr and give it a shot?

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

when i bricked the first razr it wasnt in a boot loop it didnt show any signs of life at all i tryed everything to fix it but this way. So you are saying just root my razr and give it a shot?

When something like that happens, hold Power + Vol Down for 30 seconds (to guarantee it is actually off and not just black display while on), then hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power to get into Moto's recovery. Also, never flash anything, especially not something important (full ROM, kernel updates, Fastboot, etc) without a full battery.

As for giving it a shot, as long as you are fully informed of what all goes along with rooting I would say go for it. You just have to remember, it does void your warranty and you must assume that they know you have done it regardless of whether you unroot before taking to into the store or not. If you stick to following the guides staff/developers post, and don't make yourself the first person to test something, there is no more danger in rooting your Razr now than there would be in playing around with something else then coming back.

#5 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info I should have joined this forum along time ago! Now I know if I have any problems you guys are there to help me out! THANKS! On another note is there a one click root for the razr? If so witch is better the long way with a PC or the one click way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#6 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

No one click as far as an app, but there is a one click with windows (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

As far as which one is better....well you end up with the same results but not the full understanding of what root is. ( one click also has less chance of messing up)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#7 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

What's the first thing you would do when you root?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • shamus2418 likes this

#8 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

What's the first thing you would do when you root?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Download and install bootstrap recovery and make a nandroid backup. Then I flash the first rom I can find
  • The Kid likes this
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users