1 reply to this topic

#1 squito

squito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hey Guys im looking for a way to delete the bloat that comes on 246 ICS. im tring to delete the bloat under system\vendor so when i flash a rom i do not see the bloat. i have tried formating system using bootstrap and then flashing a rom but i still get the default bloat from that directory. i was looking at the 246 update and it looks like the webtop img is what has the bloat in it. do you guys think there is a way to edit the FXZ to flash the webtop but not the bloat? or can i just boot into fastboot and remove the bloat using ADB? please let me know if you guys have any sugestions. Thanks!

P.S. i know i can use safestrap but i need the free space on my internal card.

*FIXED*
in Rom Toolbox they have a script that will make your system partition writable and i was able to remove the verizon bloat that way. :D

Edited by squito, 23 November 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

If you're rooted, you can just download an app like Root Explorer or ES file explorer, browse to /system/vendor/ and delete whatever you don't want.

For what its worth, I'm not sure what it would do, but if you used a command line and entered

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That would erase the partition where that stuff is installed. Whether you'll boot or not is anyone's guess.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users