• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Name: MONOPOLY Millionaire
Developer: Electronic Arts Inc.
Price: $0.99 (as of 11/24/2012)
Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I bought this game on a whim, after defeating my family in our annual game of Thanksgiving MONOPOLY. It's been a tradition for some time to wind down after our feast to fight for the right to boast as the winner until next year. MONOPOLY Millionaire is on sale right now for only 99 cents so I figured to give it a shot. I have never played a digital MONOPOLY game before, and I am was no familiar with the Millionaire twist either. So for those who are also unfamiliar, here is a short description from the

:

FIRST TO A MILLION WINS! Enjoy a fast, fresh take on the classic MONOPOLY game. Do you have the drive to be a MONOPOLY Millionaire?
Trade properties on the sly, force powerful deals, and risk it all in a dash for a million in cash. Purchase palatial Dreamland Properties and splurge on upgradable Movers. Compete with friends in Pass n’ Play and get lucky with Fortune or Millionaire Lifestyle Cards.

Graphics:
This game features three-dimensional graphics, but they are not very high resolution. I am playing this on the Motorola Atrix HD, and they seem lackluster. The blurriness and pixelated nature of the game is hard to bare with. It's as if they wanted to do a great job on the graphics but gave up halfway. It wasn't advertised as an "HD" app, so I won't dock them too bad for "meh" graphics, especially for a board game.
4/5

Sound:
Unbearable. The music the menu and the game in general plays is annoying at best. I had to go directly to settings, and thankfully they had an option to turn it off completely. Personally, playing an hour+ board game, the thing I want least is to be wanted slowly killed by bad music.
2/5

Gameplay:
For a fan of the classic MONOPOLY boardgame, Millionaire is different from what you would be expecting. New features have been added in Millionaire which slow down the game even more and confuse the player with a strange money system that the original didn't use. Instead of dealing with Ones, Fives, Twenties, etc. the play is given 372,000 "M" money. The goal is to make 1,000,000 "M", or in other words, become a Millionaire. This is quite unlike normal MONOPOLY where the winner is the last capitalist standing, by bankrupting the other players. Another addition are Fortune Cards. "Fortune Cards are cards that will ask you to perform something now or that you will be able to keep until later." These cards are easily obtained by landing on any property on the board. I was given a card named "SLY DEAL!" which lets the player "Steal any property card from a player of your choice. It can't be a part of a complete set." Definitely a weird twist.. and it ruins some of the game for me.
I wasn't a big fan of the new gameplay, but I can see why the original MONOPOLY game on the Play Store sells more copies than this one.
3/5

Final Opinion:
If you are a huge fan of the original MONOPOLY board game, but don't like new features that don't remind you of the classic, I would suggest avoiding this title. For those adventurous, it's only 99 cents. You can give it a shot and see if you like it without huge risk of losing a large investment.

Point Average:
3/5

You can purchase MONOPOLY Millionaire by Electronics Arts Inc

Have a suggestion for a game or app you want reviewed? Send an email to mattlgroff@gmail.com with the subject line: "App Review".
  • eyecre8 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Haha my lady used to always win at Monopoly before I met her lol. Now she refuses to play with me anymore.
But at 99 cents somebody tell that computer that I'm coming for him. On the hard setting too.
  • eyecre8 likes this
Posted Image

#3 eyecre8

eyecre8

Mod/News Team Leader

• 108 posts
  • Google+:eyecre8
  • LocationOhio/Florida
  • Current Device(s):2 Razr's (xt912) & Asus TF700T

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

I end up in the clink way too often...
My name is Eyecre8 and I approve this message!
Posted Image

#4 Guest_yuwanhiai_*

Guest_yuwanhiai_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

invasion demonstrate - Niketown The big apple
So that you can high light the significance of "air", Nike think about a unique list show within Niketown position held in New York. Inside the part of the goods, restricted air attack sequence, an additional shows unique air quality, confirmed dissipate growth eye-port facing 57 block, through the set of every sort of is a real air scuba diving tanks. Ward to a certain floorboards focuses on sales associated with oxygen assault sequence, lit up together with cup wall space show will be the core in the behavior. In the minor contour, circumstance of backlight, once more as well as the style ended up via oxygen attack string, transliteration the word "air Maximum Ninety-seven to obtain a wonderful alteration, use really luxurious Italian language leather. Every single pair of all have distinct Figures, set restrict to produces 1695 increase and also Italian language producing. To get from the SNS

#5 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

^^^ SPAM? Mod please remove/delete/ban?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users