38 replies to this topic

#1 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Well just upgraded the wife to the Razr M and she kept her unlimited. I knew keeping a basic phone around was a good idea. Transfer upgrade to old Chocolate activate then switch SIM card from her old phone to Razr M. Then reactivate the Chocolate back on line. Best 9.99 I spend every month on that line makes up for itself in long run. Oh also Razr M on Newegg Wireless Free with Free overnight shipping, and a 30.00 gift card. Free phone unlimited data gotta love Christmas.
  • leviwg likes this

#2 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Way to beat the system, but that RazrM wasn't free, you will pay $239.76 for it over the life of that 2 year contract you just extended on that extra line you aren't using.
Other than that, I'd say you did well.

#3 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

I am having a hard time making out what exactly you did here.
Me and Wife have RAZR MAXX so no upgrade available but kid has an old Dumb phone on ACCT with an upgrade available.
Could this be used to upgrade him to a smart phone and have unlimited? or upgrade ME and give him my MAXX and all have unlimited?

#4 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I am having a hard time making out what exactly you did here.
Me and Wife have RAZR MAXX so no upgrade available but kid has an old Dumb phone on ACCT with an upgrade available.
Could this be used to upgrade him to a smart phone and have unlimited? or upgrade ME and give him my MAXX and all have unlimited?

Yes upgrade his line to what ever phone you want. When you get the phone go ahead and activate it on his line. Then about an hour later call Verizon and tell them you want to transfer the phone to one of your other lines. They will ask what you want to put on his line tell them to transfer your MAXX to him. Done deal you now have new phone he will have the MAXX and you have not lost your unlimited. There is no way to get him unlimited, but he will have 2GB data.

#5 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Way to beat the system, but that RazrM wasn't free, you will pay $239.76 for it over the life of that 2 year contract you just extended on that extra line you aren't using.
Other than that, I'd say you did well.

Oh we've had that extra line for 7 years so will not be any change in what we already pay.

#6 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I pieced together the steps before reading your response.. super simple but when upgrading his line it makes is pick data package etc... once you reactivate the dumb phone does it automatically switch back to just minute/text plan?

By grace and banners fallen, the Last Battle has come.

#7 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I pieced together the steps before reading your response.. super simple but when upgrading his line it makes is pick data package etc... once you reactivate the dumb phone does it automatically switch back to just minute/text plan?

By grace and banners fallen, the Last Battle has come.

Yes if the phone is not a smart phone it will drop the data.

#8 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

So when you renew 2 year contract youre not having to renew 2 year DATA package... and does it an any way alter the rest of the family plan by doing this?

#9 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

So when you renew 2 year contract youre not having to renew 2 year DATA package... and does it an any way alter the rest of the family plan by doing this?

Nope because you are upgrading the basic line when you process the upgrade. Then you are just taking the data back off the basic line when you switch back to plain phone. This would also work if you are upgrading a line that only has 2gb on it then there would never be a change. You can swap phones within your plan anytime you want and it doesn't change anything other than what line has what phone.

#10 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

All you got to do is swap sim cards. No need to call customer service

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 clintro

clintro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:clintro

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

The only way they can really close the loophole is to require you to keep the data on that dummy line for 2 years. I hope they don't, but who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#12 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

All you got to do is swap sim cards. No need to call customer service

He has the Razr MAXX which is a full sized SIM card, and the new phones all use a Micro SIM. So he won't be able to just switch them. He'll have to call customer service. Also you have to call Customer Service to reactivate a basic phone on a line that has a Smartphone. *228 doesn't work it gives a 4G error.

#13 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

He has the Razr MAXX which is a full sized SIM card, and the new phones all use a Micro SIM. So he won't be able to just switch them. He'll have to call customer service. Also you have to call Customer Service to reactivate a basic phone on a line that has a Smartphone. *228 doesn't work it gives a 4G error.

Or just get a SIM card trimmer for ~$7 on Amazon.

#14 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Guys the maxx is micro sim. Isn't it the same as the gs3 and HD maxx? Cuz my friend put his maxx Sim card in both phones

#15 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

This is wrong. The Razr Maxx and Maxx HD both use the same size sim card.

#16 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

This is wrong. The Razr Maxx and Maxx HD both use the same size sim card.

Really I thought the Razr MAXX was the same as the Bionic a full sized SIM. If not then yeah no big deal swap SIMs and makes it much easier.

#17 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I have a dumb phone with upgrade Dec 7th,..so i should be able to transfer that to my line and keep my unlimited data...correct? ( have the bionic thinking of making the change to razr m)

#18 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I have a dumb phone with upgrade Dec 7th,..so i should be able to transfer that to my line and keep my unlimited data...correct? ( have the bionic thinking of making the change to razr m)

Yep correct... The wife loves the M, but my only complaint is that the screen is smaller than the Bionic. It says it's the same size, but the M takes a little bit off the bottom so the screen is smaller.

#19 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Yep correct... The wife loves the M, but my only complaint is that the screen is smaller than the Bionic. It says it's the same size, but the M takes a little bit off the bottom so the screen is smaller.

Thank you...I will have to get my hands on one to see if I like it.

#20 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thank you...I will have to get my hands on one to see if I like it.

Get the Hd maxx. Amazon has it for 149

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users